ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Global Promise on BRP?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

homeslicemcg
Newly Registered
United States of America

Global Promise on BRP?

Post by homeslicemcg » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:44 pm

This March I was endorsed by Tech Nation for a Global Talent visa. I had applied under the Global Promise avenue, and when I received the endorsement I got this message, "Tech Nation has advised that you meet its criteria for Exceptional Promise and I am therefore satisfied that you can be endorsed under Global Talent." Which I was thriled about, because I had gotten Global Promise.

After months of delay from lockdown, I have finally gotten through stage two. However on both my application update and my BRP, there is no mention of Global Promise (only "Your application as a Global Talent migrant has been successful," in the email or "Global Talent Leave to Reamain" on my BRP).

Is this just a part of the rebranding of the visa category, that they call all recipients Global Talent? It's just a bit confusing as there is no mention of the word "promise" other than that one line from the endorsement phase, and no mention of the added 2 years for IRL in the restrcitions section of the approval letter. THANKS!

Haom
Newly Registered

Re: Global Promise on BRP?

Post by Haom » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:09 pm

homeslicemcg wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:44 pm
This March I was endorsed by Tech Nation for a Global Talent visa. I had applied under the Global Promise avenue, and when I received the endorsement I got this message, "Tech Nation has advised that you meet its criteria for Exceptional Promise and I am therefore satisfied that you can be endorsed under Global Talent." Which I was thriled about, because I had gotten Global Promise.

After months of delay from lockdown, I have finally gotten through stage two. However on both my application update and my BRP, there is no mention of Global Promise (only "Your application as a Global Talent migrant has been successful," in the email or "Global Talent Leave to Reamain" on my BRP).

Is this just a part of the rebranding of the visa category, that they call all recipients Global Talent? It's just a bit confusing as there is no mention of the word "promise" other than that one line from the endorsement phase, and no mention of the added 2 years for IRL in the restrcitions section of the approval letter. THANKS!
From my understanding, Global Talent visa has two categories: Exceptional Talent and Exceptional Promise. The main difference between them is that you can apply for ILR after 3 years under Exceptional Talent but you need to wait for 5 years under Exceptional Promise. Based on you letter, you have gotten exceptional promise since you have applied for it (not sure if there is such a thing as global promise). To the best of my knowledge, it does not specify which category you are in the BRP, but if you want to apply for ILR in the future, you need to show tech nation letter as the proof of if you are under Exceptional talent or promise

homeslicemcg
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by homeslicemcg » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:24 pm

Okay thank you. I do wish that they would put that in writing on documents other than just the endorsement.

ryno
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by ryno » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:51 pm

homeslicemcg wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:24 pm
Okay thank you. I do wish that they would put that in writing on documents other than just the endorsement.
Congrats on getting the Global Talent Visa!

Do you mind sharing your timelines? When did you go for biometrics and when did you receive your decision letter?
Was it an electronic letter and did it confirm that you were successful?

Thanks!

homeslicemcg
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by homeslicemcg » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:25 am

ryno wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:51 pm
homeslicemcg wrote:

Do you mind sharing your timelines? When did you go for biometrics and when did you receive your decision letter?

Thanks!
Thank you! I had an 130 day delay in between submitting stage 2 and giving my biometrics because of lockdown and the IDV App (which I opted out of when I could). It was an electronic letter that confirmed both the endorsement and the successful application. I made my app in country, as I switched from a Tier 2.

Endorsement submit: March 23
Endorsement approval: April 6
Stage 2 submit: April 6
Biometrics: August 14
Stage 2 approval: August 17
BRP Arrived: August 21

WRWR
Russia

Post by WRWR » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:12 am

I confirm that "Talent / Promise" category is not mentioned on the BRP. This is OK!

Everything is pretty much the same between these two categories, except the settlement time period.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:38 pm

WRWR wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:12 am
I confirm that "Talent / Promise" category is not mentioned on the BRP. This is OK!

Everything is pretty much the same between these two categories, except the settlement time period.
That is not true. Please don't mislead forum members with incorrect information.

Anyone endorsed by the science/humanities bodies are eligible to apply for settlement in 3 years irrespective of "exceptional talent" or"exceptional promise".

Only tech nation endorsed-applicants have to wait for 5 years to make a settlement application.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:56 am

homeslicemcg wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:25 am
ryno wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:51 pm
homeslicemcg wrote:

Thanks!
Thank you! I had an 130 day delay in between submitting stage 2 and giving my biometrics because of lockdown and the IDV App (which I opted out of when I could). It was an electronic letter that confirmed both the endorsement and the successful application. I made my app in country, as I switched from a Tier 2.

Endorsement submit: March 23
Endorsement approval: April 6
Stage 2 submit: April 6
Biometrics: August 14
Stage 2 approval: August 17
BRP Arrived: August 21
Can you please check if you can see your details on:

https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work