ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Russian Marriage and the ZAGS offices

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Astronomyphilly
Newly Registered

Russian Marriage and the ZAGS offices

Post by Astronomyphilly » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:46 pm

Hi guys,

I am not sure where to post this so forgive me if I'm in the wrong place. I've been lurking a little while whilst gathering information and trying to get my head around everything but I'm at the point now I need to ask you guys.

I have a Russian girlfriend, its been a few years and we intend to get married this year, perhaps even next month should the borders not suddenly close again.

We were going for a private visa this time as it allows the time to be there and get married, the 30 days, but now due to covid they have cancelled these and only those already married can apply for them. I'm stuck again to a standard tourist visa if I want to get over anytime soon.
She's been to a few and spoken to them and seems that pretty much all will refuse to marry you earlier regardless off the visa length or not. Quite rude, quite abrupt and totally not interested, simply say he can come back. Yeah well as you know, you can't "just go back" to Russia.

She did say that if they have copies of my passport, cni certificate and the application, all THREE with Apostille certificates they will allow her to apply, get a date and I can organise my tourist visa for then.

Has anyone heard this, three Apostille certificates? Its a lot to gather photocopy and get done, then sent to her. They absolutely won't budge on the 30 days, they just said go elsewhere or do this.

All help and advice appreciated,

Phillip

Wardy82
Newly Registered

Re: Russian Marriage and the ZAGS offices

Post by Wardy82 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:43 pm

Hi Phillip

I hope you’re well

I wondered if you found a solution as I’m in the same situation and intend to marry at Christmas

But due to COVID and work commitments I can’t fly to Moscow before the 32 days to book the appointment in person and then fly out again in December to get married ( I can only fly once for the wedding!)

So hopefully you found a way for your partner to book the appointment on behalf of you both? If so what documents did you have to get apposiltte as we are getting conflicting information from the Zag offices! It’s a minefield! Thank you in advance