ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 to Naturalization

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dudaflam
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Stamp 4 to Naturalization

Post by dudaflam » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:56 pm

Hello, please forgive me if this is not the correct way of posting a question, but it would be great to hear if anyone else is in the same situation.

I arrived in Ireland with a Critical Skills visa on September 2018, I have now completed 2 years and received an approval from DBEI and GNIB for a Stamp 4.

My understanding is that if I am under Stamp 4 for another 3 years, I am able to apply for Citizenship through naturalization, is this correct, or a farfetched dream?

Likewise, I have submitted my passport via the IRP online system on July 25th and have not yet heard back, or received anything in the mail despite sending a couple of emails requesting an update to the burghquay office.

If anyone else has gone through this process Stamp 4 >> Naturalization, or has done the Stamp 1 to Stamp 4 change over mail currently and can share a bit about the process it would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Stamp 4 to Naturalization

Post by littlerr » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:01 pm

Yes you can apply for naturalisation after another 3 years.
You should get a 2-year Stamp 4 this time, and another 2-year Stamp 4 after this one. So about 1 year into your second Stamp 4, you can apply for naturalisation.

The online renewal now takes 4-6 weeks based on feedback here. You can imagine there is a huge surge since it went live on 20 July.

dudaflam
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by dudaflam » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:02 pm

Thanks for the response. I actually got a 1 year Stamp 4, not sure why it wasn't 2 years, as that was what I heard was the norm, but I assumed that granted the circumstances it is what it is.

Thanks for the reply

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:13 pm

Maybe they have changed rules recently. It has always been 2 years once you get the support letter for Stamp 4.

Just searched DBEI website and it still says it should be issued for 2 years instead of 1 year. You should send them an email and ask why they only gave you 1 year.
The Immigration permission granted by the Garda National Immigration Bureau will be for two years, which is then renewable subject to the persons concerned meeting all relevant criteria as stated on the website of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service at www.inis.gov.ie.
https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Workp ... nt-Notice/

dudaflam
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by dudaflam » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:18 pm

Yes , it is odd. Thank you, I will email them and ask. Though as my application is already mailed in, I highly doubt they will amend this. Thank you very much.

beagle87
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by beagle87 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:30 am

dudaflam wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:02 pm
Thanks for the response. I actually got a 1 year Stamp 4, not sure why it wasn't 2 years, as that was what I heard was the norm, but I assumed that granted the circumstances it is what it is.

Thanks for the reply
Hello,

Same problem here. I was under CSEP for 2 years, got my Stamp 4 support letter, COVID happened and now they have granted me Stamp 4 for duration of 1 year instead of 2.

Wrote them an email about a week ago, they did not respond (this has become a common practice for immigration office, and I don't know how to get any meaningful information anymore).

dudaflam
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by dudaflam » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:51 pm

Hi Beagle, same, I have emailed them four times at this point and no response. Extremely frustrating.