ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abc10
inactive
Spain

Trips outside the UK for naturalisation

Post by abc10 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:37 am

Hello everybody,

I have arrived to a roadblock while filling in my naturalisation form at the "Trips Outside the UK" section.
I am applying under the EU Settlement Scheme. I assumed that having the settled status would mean that I have proof of residence for the last 5 years under the same conditions as I am now being asked to provide details for. (This is what I answered early on in the form: "What will you use to apply for British citizenship? Indefinite leave to remain (ILR), including ILR granted under the EU Settlement Scheme")

- Am I filling the wrong form and this is why I encounter this " Trips outside the UK section" in my application?
- Should I leave it empty and then just provide the settled status letter?

Thank you for your time and help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Trips outside the UK for naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:42 am

All applicants have to list their absence and trips in the form. You must complete the information, it is mandatory. Citizenship has specific and strict absence limits. This is separate to the residence requirement.

Your route to settlement is irrelevant.

Citizenship has completely different and separate rules and requirements to the EU settled scheme.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

abc10
inactive
Spain

Re: Trips outside the UK for naturalisation

Post by abc10 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:42 am
All applicants have to list their absence and trips in the form. You must complete the information, it is mandatory. Citizenship has specific and strict absence limits. This is separate to the residence requirement.

Your route to settlement is irrelevant.

Citizenship has completely different and separate rules and requirements to the EU settled scheme.
Thanks a lot! I hope I still have all my travels within Europe well recorded...

abc1010
Newly Registered
Spain

Absence Query

Post by abc1010 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:24 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:57 pm
crazy_ram wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:14 am
Dear members,
I am glad to be a member of this great forum. I am about to apply for my naturalisation, i have following queries about filling the online application form.

1. Should I tick for "A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance".
I never been disqualified or never had problems with Vehicle tax or Insurance. But I have a speeding ticket in mid 2014 for which I have got 3 points on my licence & £100 fine. I got a parking ticket in early 2016, paid £30 with in the time given.
Never had anything since then. Please advise if I need to TICK the box or leave it as qestion mentiond disqualification & no motor insurance.
Tick the box and provide details - these will not impact your application but as they ask about it you should answer correctly.

2. Question about previous applications - "Name in which you made the application"
Is this about the name of the application made or Applicant's name while making the application.
This is your name under which you made the applications.
3. Trips out side UK
I went to my home country (Ind) for 8 weeks in 2018. In the same trip I went for family holiday for a week to Srilanka from India and back to India before returning to UK.
In this scenario should I mention both countries or just my home country. Online application only given option to input leaveing date from UK & Returned date to the UK.
Just your dates out and return.

4. When did you first arrived in the UK?
I entred UK in 2008 and left in 2010 on completion of my Masters degree. Came back 7 months later on Post Study visa. Should I input 2008 or Should I input 2010 as I spent more than 6 months outside UK in 2010
Use 2008.
5. In employment history it asks for 10 years or since arrived in UK. If I enter my first arrival 2008 should I give employment history for before 10 years?
Just employment from 2010 to 2020 - it's 10 years, or if less than 10 years, from the date you arrived.
Thanks for taking time and reading my queries. Your time and efforts are much appreciated to give me some clarity on filling my application form.

Kind Regards,
Ram

Hello,
I have a similar query to number 3 in this post. In my case, I have some absences in which the trip was split in 2 or 3 countries of equal number of days in each and done one after the other. This means that I can write down dates out and return to the UK easily but when Selecting a country it only lets me pick one of them.
-Does it matter which country I choose? ( the one I first arrived to from the UK or the one I departed from to then enter into the UK) I assume the Home Office is interested in the total number of days rather than the destinations but just double checking in case they do look at that and it doesn't match to what I selected.

Additionally, can I write down Business and Holiday to the reason of absence or should I just choose one of them?

Thank you very very much for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Absence Query

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:33 pm

1. Do NOT tag your questions onto other members topics. It is considered rude and unfair to other members.

2. Why have you registered a second username? Multiple usernames are strictly NOT permitted on the forum.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/member/abc10/

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1929986

https://www.immigrationboards.com/annou ... 11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

abc1010
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by abc1010 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:13 pm

1. I apologise, this is my second time using this forum and I have tried my best to keep my question within existing ones that are related thinking that would be the most useful thing to do for everybody.
2. I have tried to log in with my first username and it would not let me in. I requested a password reminder and despite writing down the correct email linked to that username I never received the email to be able to restore my password (not in junk/spam folder either . Hence I signed up again thinking there was something wrong with my prev account.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:22 pm

I have a similar query to number 3 in this post
Your understanding is correct. HO is interested only in entry/exit dates to/from UK.

The online form only lets you choose one country. Choose the final destination. Mention the transit countries with dates in the reason section.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.