ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification needed on few questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ThePolishGal
Poland

Clarification needed on few questions

Post by ThePolishGal » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:11 pm

Good evening,
I am an EU national, living in the UK for 9 years now, first 4 a student (didn't have comprehensive sickness insurance, so can't count those years), then 5 full-time employed. Last week I officially had my IRL under EU Settlement Scheme (with 'settled status') for 12 months. I began filling in the application and collecting the necessary documents, but I'm a bit confused with few points in the form. Any help/clarification will be greatly appreciated.

I am filling it just for myself, I am not married, no children/dependants either.

1. For the 'issue of authority' field for my passport/national ID card, my actual document says 'mayor of town X' where the document was produced. But in the form hint it says 'country of issue'. Should I put 'COUNTRY' or 'MAYOR OF X'?

2. My workplace has several offices. On their main website, the headquarters is said to be London, however I work in another, still major, office in a different city. In the employment section, should I put London address (I've never even been there; technically my P60s have the London address, so unsure here) or my actual office address?

3. Question about 'previous immigration application' - I put in the info and reference number for my IRL under the EU Settlement Scheme. I also applied for Home Office/UK Visa and Immigration to get any personal info they have about me regarding me leaving/coming to the country (to help me track when I've been in and out). Am I correct in thinkin that here, I should supply info both about IRL and that other form about travel records they hold about me?

3b. At the same time there's the question of 'Have you been granted indefinite leave to enter, or remain, in the UK?' to which I also said Yes and put down the date from last week. I kinda feel like I'm repeating myself a bit in this application, but assume that's correct (unless re question 3, I didn't have to mention IRL).

A lot of the questions I have before posting this, were answered through this forum, so thank you very much. I just would like clarification on these few points.

Kind regards :)

ThePolishGal
Poland

Re: Clarification needed on few questions

Post by ThePolishGal » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:38 pm

Apologies, I forgot to add the last question.

4. In the application there's a point that says 'Are you an EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence document?'.
- If I say NO, it moves on to the next question. And then I have a question appear about 'Have you been granted indefinite leave to enter, or remain, in the UK?' (which I think refers to my type of IRL so I put info about it there).
- If I say YES though, it asks me what document I will use to apply for the British citizenship, permanent residence card or ILR including the one I have, under EU Settlement Scheme. And that additional question doesn't appear.
What's the right approach here? I never got permanent residency card (just relying on IRL here), so I'm assuming picking NO is correct, but I have my doubts.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:05 pm

Last week I officially had my IRL under EU Settlement Scheme (with 'settled status') for 12 months
I am unclear about this. Have you had your PR for a minimum of 12 months? or you just got your PR last week?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ThePolishGal
Poland

Post by ThePolishGal » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:12 pm

I don't have the Permanent Residency card, as it was said that citizenship can be obtained also on the basis of Indefinite Leave to Remain under the EU Settlement Scheme (together with 'settled status'). That one I received in September last year, so it's been 12 months since I had it, so I can apply for citizenship now.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-in ... -to-remain

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:21 pm

1) Mention in the format: Mayor of Town X, Country.
2) Mention the address on P60.
3) Only immigration applications not the other info you requested from HO.
3b) Correct.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:31 pm

RE number 4 the following may help:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... 98481.html

ThePolishGal
Poland

Post by ThePolishGal » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:47 am

Thank you! :)
So for question 3 - I don't have to put my reference numbers for the two times I contacted Home Office, the application the IRL under the EU Settlement Scheme and the request for flights info, correct? So basically I leave it blank? I have never applied for visa or tried getting citizenship before, this is the first time.
Cheers.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:57 am

ThePolishGal wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:47 am
Thank you! :)
So for question 3 - I don't have to put my reference numbers for the two times I contacted Home Office, the application the IRL under the EU Settlement Scheme and the request for flights info, correct? So basically I leave it blank? I have never applied for visa or tried getting citizenship before, this is the first time.
Cheers.
Ignore the flights info request BUT mention the application reference for ILR under the EU scheme if you know the reference number AND any other immigration application also (if any).

ThePolishGal
Poland

Post by ThePolishGal » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:00 am

Great, thank you for your help, appreciated :) I'll leave the info about IRL under the EU Settlement Scheme (so in a way, it'll be repeat, as earlier I'm asked if I have IRL, but welp). I changed my application details following your advice, now to wait for the flight details and hopefully I press submit button soon :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:03 am

Some questions are repeated thats fine. You just have to answer what the form asks. Good luck.

ThePolishGal
Poland

Post by ThePolishGal » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:17 pm

I was reviewing the 'documents needed' sections, and it states that they can be originals or copies, except for the passport which must be an original. Does it mean I'll have to physically send my passport away (by post) or scanning it is still considered 'having it original'?

Also, my old passport expired 2 years ago, so now I have a new one (Polish passports). Should I scan/send the old one too? (Same with national ID cards, also expired 2 years ago and since then I have a new one). I have made trips on both old and news passports/id cards.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:23 pm

No originals are sent. Only scans.

Passport(s) covering the qualifying period.

You will also need to prove your residency with alternative documents. Like P60, government department letters, employment letter etc.

ThePolishGal
Poland

Post by ThePolishGal » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:27 pm

Ah, I see. Ok, I'll scan the old documents too then. Thank you :)

Yes, I collected p60s from work, also asked my HR department for letter. I've also got all council tax letters scanned from the 5 years period.

Cheers!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:31 pm

Just so you know. Once you pay and submit, you will have to wait for your biometrics turn. UKVCAS appointment system is only open up to applications made before 28th Aug.
Your date of application is the date you pay and submit online.

Make sure to register an account on UKVCAS also after you pay and submit.

You will have an option to upload and submit your documents to UKVI even before biometrics via UKVCAS document upload page.

Then, you have to wait for next steps via your registered email; either to book an appointment OR you will be chosen to reuse your biometrics and eligible to use IDV app.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Follow this topic for biometrics related questions:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... 99581.html

ThePolishGal
Poland

Post by ThePolishGal » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:32 pm

Ah I see, thank you. So they're now dealing with the backlog of applications, that's fair. Hope I'll be in the next batch!

Re writing down my flights. Sometimes I'd fly with a transfer (e.g. going to Poland but mid-landing in Paris for 2h), should I just say Poland then in the list or do I need to acknowledge that it was France for a moment too?

Cheers

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:36 pm

ThePolishGal wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:32 pm
Ah I see, thank you. So they're now dealing with the backlog of applications, that's fair. Hope I'll be in the next batch!

Re writing down my flights. Sometimes I'd fly with a transfer (e.g. going to Poland but mid-landing in Paris for 2h), should I just say Poland then in the list or do I need to acknowledge that it was France for a moment too?

Cheers
If you left the airport in Paris then yes, otherwise no. You can mention the transit countries in the reason section IF you entered that country NOT only airport transit.

Vhaelan
Newly Registered

Post by Vhaelan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:37 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:36 pm
ThePolishGal wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:32 pm

Cheers
If you left the airport in Paris then yes, otherwise no. You can mention the transit countries in the reason section IF you entered that country NOT only airport transit.
Is it actually necessary to provide the details of all countries visited during one trip (i.e., if it wasn't just about transiting via another country without leaving the airport). I have seen this question coming up a couple of times in the forum, and the answer usually was that they only care about the days and it's enough to provide one country only, e.g.:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1838383

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:52 pm

HO is interested for exit/entry dates from/to UK.
For non-EEA, passport is stamped. So its best to mention transit countries for clarity.
You can simply choose one if you wish.

Vhaelan
Newly Registered

Post by Vhaelan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:04 pm

That makes sense, thanks for the clarification.

ThePolishGal
Poland

Post by ThePolishGal » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:37 pm

Oh I see. I had some trips where I'd go to Poland and then travel further for a weekend, then back to Poland for a day and back to the UK. So it seems I should just put Poland then, and maybe a note saying meanwhile I was also in another country for two days?

Also reading on the linked post... Are the passports supposed to be scanned fully? I thought only the photo page is enough. I don't even have any stamps in my passport (mainly travelling around the EU so never getting any stamps).

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:43 pm

Bio page in your case is fine if you have no stamps.

ThePolishGal
Poland

Post by ThePolishGal » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:54 pm

Thank you! Really appreciate you finding time to answer all my questions :)

ThePolishGal
Poland

Post by ThePolishGal » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:00 am

Hello,
What I hope to be my last question...
Back in 2013/2014 I was a student and worked as intern/part-time at a local company as web developer. I don't remember the exact timeframe (I only have P45 from 2014 when I definitely finished work there). The timeline was roughly
May 2013 - Jul 2013 intern at that company (then I left for home for summer till next academic year)
October 2014 - Jan 2014 part-time developer at that company (I had to focus full-time on study in winter to I stopped working then)
May 2014 - Jul 2014 (finished exam earlier, so I spent a while just doing essentially another internship, Mon-Fri, regular office hours).

Should I put that as 3 different jobs? Or one?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:01 am

Mention as 1 and mention the rough dates in the additional info at the end of the form.

OR

Mention as 3 different jobs with dates.

ThePolishGal
Poland

Post by ThePolishGal » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:20 am

Thank you!