ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is letterhead *absolutely* essential?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MDMoran1978
Newly Registered
United States of America

Copy or original of rec letter

Post by MDMoran1978 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:26 pm

I tried searching on here but can't seem to find the answer, and it's not clear in the guidelines. Do the 3 recommendation letters for the Global Talent Visa have to be originals or can the referee sign it and then scan/email/fax it to me so I can forward it on? TIA.

WRWR
Russia

Re: Copy or original of rec letter

Post by WRWR » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:29 pm

Since all documents are submitted digitally, "original" letter will be indistinguishable from a scanned copy.

Scanned letters with live signatures are OK!

MDMoran1978
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Copy or original of rec letter

Post by MDMoran1978 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:36 am

I totally thought I was mailing this all in. I feel so foolish-thank you!

MDMoran1978
Newly Registered
United States of America

Is letterhead *absolutely* essential?

Post by MDMoran1978 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:52 pm

Has anyone had experience with getting an endorsement even though their letters of recommendation were sent on plain paper versus letterhead? Only 1 of my 3 referees are able to access their letterhead right now because of the pandemic. None of them are currently in their offices and all of them are working from home. Is letterhead a deal breaker?