ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa - Supporting Evidence Advice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RyanCasimiro
Newly Registered

Visit Visa - Supporting Evidence Advice

Post by RyanCasimiro » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:58 pm

Hello,

I met my partner when we were working in Egypt last year. Since that time, we have both travelled home, but maintained our relationship. I’ve travelled to Indonesia to visit her, meet her family and see her country, and now we would like for her to visit me, meet my family and see my country.

Since being home, she has only done occasional work and not worked since last year. Therefore, my family (specifically my mother) is going to sponsor her including accommodation and all associated costs of the visit.

Regarding supporting evidence, she’s specifically being asked for:

1. Funds Available
2. Sponsor Support
3. Relationship with Sponsor
4. Sponsor Not In Breach of UK Immigration Law
5. Invite from Family or Friends
6. Travel Document

Below are the documents we plan to submit for each case. However, I’ll say now that “4” is stifling me, and the immigration service refused to give advice on what may substantiate this, and suggested I seek legal counsel.

1. We plan to submit my Mother’s bank and savings statements, totalling approximately £35K, which is in excess of the £3.5K we estimated for the 6 month visit. However, these aren’t readily available to my partner, not being her accounts, and she doesn’t have a bank account to send money to; instead she uses my debit card when she needs money, which is not joint.

Although we stated during the application that she is not working, has no savings, and the entirety of the trip is being funded by my Mother, could this still be a stumbling block? Particularly as the supporting evidence request says that available funds must be “clearly accessible by you.”

2. We plan to submit a signed letter by my Mother inviting her for the stay, and stating the level of support offered.

3. We plan to share several images of WhatsApp messages between my partner and Mother spanning a large portion of our relationship. Additionally, we plan to submit messages between my partner and I, as well as photos, over the timeframe of the relationship, primarily owing that I was mentioned as the purpose of the visit (to meet my family and see my country, just I had done previously, so that we are in a strong position to discuss our future together for the long term.)

4. I’m unsure of what to submit to this, however, we will be submitting my Mother’s passport showing her own right of abode in the UK.

5. This will be covered by the letter submitted for “2.”

6. We plan to submit a copy of my partner’s passport.

I would appreciate if anyone would give this lengthy post a read and provide any insight on how to strengthen any of the evidence submissions. Additionally, I’d be extremely grateful if anyone could provide insight into how to provide evidence that the sponsor will not be in breach of UK immigration law, and whether the funds not being in my partner’s account could be a stumbling block (even though we explicitly mentioned that she is not working, has no savings, and the sponsor is offering to cover all costs.)

Thanks and I wish everyone a pleasant evening! :)

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Visit Visa - Supporting Evidence Advice

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:40 am

Hello

According to the circumstances you are describing, the chances of this visa being granted are zero or even bellow zero if possible.

One of the major things that is tested by the Home Office is the ties to the home country; in this case to Egypt.

Having stronger ties to the UK than to Egypt is definitely a deal-breaker.

The person doesn't work, doesn't even have a bank account, doesn't own a business, doesn't have kids there... it means she has no solid social or economic ties to Egypt and if granted a visa to the UK, she falls in a category with high risk of overstay.

Don't worry about point 4, often these lists are generic and don't fit all categories.
3. We plan to share several images of WhatsApp messages between my partner and Mother spanning a large portion of our relationship. Additionally, we plan to submit messages between my partner and I, as well as photos, over the timeframe of the relationship, primarily owing that I was mentioned as the purpose of the visit (to meet my family and see my country, just I had done previously, so that we are in a strong position to discuss our future together for the long term.)
This plays against you for a visitor visa. They are not going to think "Oh she has a partner and the story seems genuine, so lets grant her a visitor visa". Rather their thinking would be: "Oh, she has a partner in the UK. If we let her in, she won't leave. She is not a genuine visitor but someone trying to circumvent the system to stay in the UK for good"

RyanCasimiro
Newly Registered

Re: Visit Visa - Supporting Evidence Advice

Post by RyanCasimiro » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:34 am

Hi Zerubbabel,

Thanks for your response. I should clarify, my partner is ‘Indonesian.’ However, we first met when we were both working in Egypt. After finishing my assignment there, I travelled home to the UK, and she travelled home to Indonesia shortly afterwards.

Regarding your final point, it is a shame. After all, if I were thinking of moving to a country, I would naturally visit first. Additionally, the long term thinking is that she would move here, primarily owing to the fact that I have kids here and am currently starting a new business here. Even still, its logical that she would visit first, and it would be illogical to break any rules with regards to overstay, if you imagine subsequently applying to stay long term in the future (i.e. why black list yourself.)

That being said, I completely understand your rationale and would agree that this would most likely be the thinking that would be applied to our situation. With this in mind, what could be an alternative route so that she could visit and in the future stay long term?

Thanks again for all support and to everyone reading!