ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application: Traffic offense

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

duh
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship application: Traffic offense

Post by duh » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:46 pm

Hi,
I am about to apply for the Irish Citizenship but a couple of weeks ago I was stopped for speeding and received a fine for 80 euros. I promptly paid.

I want to know if anyone recently received their citizenship with having penalty point and fines on the driving license.

PS: i did search the forum and I saw some old post about this. But I could not find posts by someone confirming that the application went through fine or if they faced issues. Especially in the last 2-3 years.

Saw one post by yana31. @yana31, did you receive the citizenship?

Thanks,

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Citizenship application: Traffic offense

Post by littlerr » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:54 pm

I had a speeding ticket in the Netherlands after I applied for citizenship. I just sent them a letter with details of the offence and proof of payment.

I don’t think INIS cares about any summary offence at all, as long as you paid it promptly, and the offence isn’t serious enough to be convicted in court.

(I would have appealed against the decision if I wasn’t applying for citizenship. However, to avoid any delay in my citizenship application, I think paying the bill is much easier than not paying for it and appealing the decision and potentially going to court.)

sugeie
Ghana

Post by sugeie » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:58 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:54 pm
I had a speeding ticket in the Netherlands after I applied for citizenship. I just sent them a letter with details of the offence and proof of payment.

I don’t think INIS cares about any summary offence at all, as long as you paid it promptly, and the offence isn’t serious enough to be convicted in court.

(I would have appealed against the decision if I wasn’t applying for citizenship. However, to avoid any delay in my citizenship application, I think paying the bill is much easier than not paying for it and appealing the decision and potentially going to court.)

Why did you have to state offences committed out of the state?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:09 pm

Why not? You are clearly obliged to do that. Question 11.1 is very clear.

sugeie
Ghana

Post by sugeie » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:14 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:09 pm
Why not?
if it wasnt a requirement why do it?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:16 pm

sugeie wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:14 pm
littlerr wrote:
Why not?
It is clearly a requirement.

sugeie
Ghana

Post by sugeie » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:31 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:16 pm
sugeie wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:14 pm
littlerr wrote:
Why not?
It is clearly a requirement.
you are right. what was the outcome of your application? did it count against you? say you didn't disclose this? how would they have found out?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:31 pm

Mine was approved in around 8-9 months if I remember correctly. As I said, I don’t think they care about summary offences as long as they are settled promptly. I don’t know if they will be able to find them out if I don’t disclose them, but it’s not a risk that I would be willing to take.

sugeie
Ghana

Post by sugeie » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:46 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:31 pm
Mine was approved in around 8-9 months if I remember correctly. As I said, I don’t think they care about summary offences as long as they are settled promptly. I don’t know if they will be able to find them out if I don’t disclose them, but it’s not a risk that I would be willing to take.
Fair play!!! and i have to say, thanks for helping people through their issues. i find you the most informative on this and most people involved on this engage because they are waiting on application but your are sorted and still engage. So thanks!!

Leswan09
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mauritius

Post by Leswan09 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:54 pm

I had a speeding ticket, paid the fine 80 euro, got 3 penalty point and i got my citizenship approval November 2019.Make sure disclosed the fine and write an apology letter.