ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa English test

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dani122

Changing jobs- spouse visa

Post by Dani122 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:24 pm

Hi, in May I will have worked 6 months as a supply teacher (paid weekly & holiday pay not included). The annual salary of paid work is £21,450. During my time at the school I was offered a permanent job which will have a fixed yearly salary (22k). The job starts in September which means I will remain in the original job until the end of the academic year(July).
My Question is that when I hopefully apply for my spouse visa in May, will I need to let HO know that I will be changing jobs? I don’t want to apply under category B as I haven’t worked for 12 months so I won’t have enough payslips.

Hope you can help, thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Changing jobs- spouse visa

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:38 pm

Dani122 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:24 pm
My Question is that when I hopefully apply for my spouse visa in May, will I need to let HO know that I will be changing jobs?
NO but if affordable than use priority service
Dani122 wrote:
I don’t want to apply under category B as I haven’t worked for 12 months so I won’t have enough payslips.
You can apply under category A in May if you will keep earning at least £1550 each month.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Dani122

Post by Dani122 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:17 am

Thank you, I’m worried if they ring my agency (current job) and the agency tells HO that I will no longer be working for them after July but I won’t be providing evidence of my new job...is there a way around this?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:46 am

Dani122 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:17 am
Thank you, I’m worried if they ring my agency (current job) and the agency tells HO that I will no longer be working for them after July but I won’t be providing evidence of my new job...is there a way around this?
seagul wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:38 pm
if affordable than use priority service
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Dani122

Spouse visa, job question

Post by Dani122 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:16 pm

Hi, as I was supposed to be applying in May after working 6 months, I’m not worried as I don’t think I will be able to do so soon. My current teaching role ends in July and so my new role starts in September. If I need to apply I’m September using my new role would that mean that I have to start my 6 months of work again?
Is there a way around this as I really want to apply before July because it will get complicated otherwise

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa, job question

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:49 pm

Dani122 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:16 pm
If I need to apply I’m September using my new role would that mean that I have to start my 6 months of work again?
Yes unless you have earned at least £18600 during the last 12 months. In that case you can apply under category B
Dani122 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:16 pm
Is there a way around this as I really want to apply before July because it will get complicated otherwise
I am sure your school must have been lockdown and if you have been converted into furloughed worker then you should follow your previous plans if your 80% income (furlough income) sufficiently meet the threshold. Otherwise (if not furlough worker/insufficient income) then better to wait for your new teaching job or find another job.

Dani122

Post by Dani122 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:57 pm

My school have been in lockdown but I’m still getting paid as normal for the rest of the school year so £2200 a month. If I could apply before my job ends then this would be okay but I don’t know whether things will be normal before then...so Under Cat B I’ll have to work from September till February 2021and then apply?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:14 pm

Dani122 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:57 pm
My school have been in lockdown but I’m still getting paid as normal for the rest of the school year so £2200 a month.
If you are still getting that sum of wages with supporting payslips then in my honest opinion you should follow your previous plan of applying in May with the high optimism. Because if strictly speaking then the income until the date of application matters. However, if you have spare time then may wait a bit more when the things become more transparent.

Dani122

Post by Dani122 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:21 pm

The reason I’m not applying is because I can’t get a solicitor to sort my case at the moment and also heard all application centres are closed, otherwise I would be applying in May. Don’t know how to go about it any other way right now

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:31 pm

Dani122 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:21 pm
The reason I’m not applying is because I can’t get a solicitor to sort my case at the moment and also heard all application centres are closed, otherwise I would be applying in May. Don’t know how to go about it any other way right now
Usually a sound mind person with average level of literacy in English language & laptop/smartphone and with healthy immigration history doesn't need any solicitor with the help of official guidances, immigration latest news and this/other forums. Also the online application form itself guide the person regarding the whole process and your supporting documents suppose to be dated until the date of application regardless of when will the lockdown be lifted allowing biometrics enrollment.

Dani122

Post by Dani122 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:50 pm

But my husband and myself are still requiring some documents such as his TB test, my home adequacy check, he needs to pick up his passport. All these are currently not operating. Also I was under the impression that even if I apply online my documents still needed to be sent to a centre, is this not the case? I was going to ask my husband for copies of his passport and his English test to be sent to me through the post

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:36 pm

Dani122 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:50 pm
But my husband and myself are still requiring some documents such as his TB test
This is indeed a challenge as it is a requirement that has to be met by citizens of certain countries. Unfortunately, there has been no guidance on what applicants who currently can't meet this or other requirements through no fault of theirs should do.
Also I was under the impression that even if I apply online my documents still needed to be sent to a centre, is this not the case?
No, not really. There will be an option to self-upload all supporting documents. For applications outside the UK, applicants would normally hand in their passport on submitting their biometrics.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:41 pm

You could also have continued asking questions in your other topic instead of starting this one.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:57 am

Dani122 wrote:
But my husband and myself are still requiring some documents such as his TB test, my home adequacy check, he needs to pick up his passport. All these are currently not operating.
Maybe until May the lockdown gets relaxed in applicant's country and by then all the concerning department starts working at least remotely/with limited operational hours.
Dani122 wrote:
Also I was under the impression that even if I apply online my documents still needed to be sent to a centre, is this not the case?
Although the self upload option is available but still taking the originals/copies to centre is desirable for just in case if anything they find missing.

Dani122

Post by Dani122 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:55 am

Thank you for your help! When working out my yearly income, because I don’t get paid for school holidays do I use 39 (working weeks) as my year? Or would it still be 52 working weeks as I get paid weekly so I wouldn’t have pay slips for my holidays.
weekly pay £550 before tax
550x39= 21,450
​​​​​​​550x52= 28600

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:56 am

Dani122 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:55 am
Thank you for your help! When working out my yearly income, because I don’t get paid for school holidays do I use 39 (working weeks) as my year? Or would it still be 52 working weeks as I get paid weekly so I wouldn’t have pay slips for my holidays.
weekly pay £550 before tax
550x39= 21,450
​​​​​​​550x52= 28600
Dani122 wrote:
Hi, in May I will have worked 6 months as a supply teacher (paid weekly & holiday pay not included). The annual salary of paid work is £21,450.
As per your first post you are on salaried income of £21450, therefore you won't need to multiply it with any number of week (if it stays same each month/week). Just make sure that your monthly income doesn't fall than £1550 per month.

Dani122

Post by Dani122 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:42 pm

I’m not on salaried income, 21,450 is what I worked out To be my yearly pay, not including the holiday weeks so just wanted to check that it’s correct.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:00 pm

Dani122 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:42 pm
I’m not on salaried income, 21,450 is what I worked out To be my yearly pay, not including the holiday weeks so just wanted to check that it’s correct.
Then use the following formula to calculate your annual wages through none-salaried person:

Total of last 26 weeks wages/26×52= £££

Dani122

Post by Dani122 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:38 pm

As I’m employed by a supply teaching agency, I get paid through an umbrella company which is named on my pay slips, however the supply agency that I work for isn’t mentioned on my payslips. What would I do in this case?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:57 pm

Dani122 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:38 pm
As I’m employed by a supply teaching agency, I get paid through an umbrella company which is named on my pay slips, however the supply agency that I work for isn’t mentioned on my payslips. What would I do in this case?
These must be from whom who has employed and paying you. Ask them to reissue these with their name or get these stamped from them. You will also need employer letter from them.

Dani122

Started new job instead of furlough- spouse visa

Post by Dani122 » Wed May 27, 2020 1:32 pm

Hi, since November I worked as a supply teacher with a weekly wage on a temporary contract. I was successful in getting a permanent job at my school to start in September. At the end of May I was told that I would be getting furloughed, this is around the time that I was hoping to apply for my spouse visa. However I wanted to wait until priority service becomes an option and therefore I am waiting a while. My school gave me the option to begin my Permanent contract from the start of May instead of being furloughed/waiting till September. So I thought this would be best for me as I will get paid through holidays and it seems that priority service won’t be opening any time soon. So I’m just wondering whether now I will be working another 6 months before I can apply or if I could combine my previous job with my new one? I believe I can’t as I’d only worked my first job for 6 months and not 12. Hope this makes sense, thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Started new job instead of furlough- spouse visa

Post by seagul » Wed May 27, 2020 4:19 pm

Dani122 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:32 pm
Hi, since November I worked as a supply teacher with a weekly wage on a temporary contract. I was successful in getting a permanent job at my school to start in September. At the end of May I was told that I would be getting furloughed, this is around the time that I was hoping to apply for my spouse visa. However I wanted to wait until priority service becomes an option and therefore I am waiting a while. My school gave me the option to begin my Permanent contract from the start of May instead of being furloughed/waiting till September. So I thought this would be best for me as I will get paid through holidays and it seems that priority service won’t be opening any time soon. So I’m just wondering whether now I will be working another 6 months before I can apply or if I could combine my previous job with my new one? I believe I can’t as I’d only worked my first job for 6 months and not 12. Hope this makes sense, thank you
There are three solutions which you need to choose by yourself.

1. Don't join/delay the new job and apply with present employer under category A. Or

2. If you have earned at least £18600 during the last 12 months (I guess you haven't) then apply under category B if the new employer is paying you at least £18600 at the time of application. Or

3. Apply before joining the new employer and attach a covering for caseworker and request to consider your income till the date of application. And also disclose him that you won't be working with your present employer during the application process.

** If you haven't earned £18600 during the last 12 months then choose either 1 or 3 under category A.

Dani122

Post by Dani122 » Wed May 27, 2020 6:34 pm

Thank you, i’ve started my new position so I Will choose option 1 applying using Cat A with my present new employer will I need to wait 6 months and apply in November?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed May 27, 2020 8:36 pm

Dani122 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:34 pm
Thank you, i’ve started my new position so I Will choose option 1 applying using Cat A with my present new employer will I need to wait 6 months and apply in November?
If you have started doing the job with new employer then unless you have earned at least £18600 during the last 12 months you will have to wait until 6 months with new employer.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu May 28, 2020 9:32 am

To clarify a bit, it's a rolling 12 month period. So as long as you are in a position with a salary of at least £18,600, you would be able to apply using Category B once you have also earned at least £18,600 in total income prior to the application date, which may occur before reaching 6 months with your current employer depending on your earnings.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.