ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee's Changing of Names

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vern2006
Newly Registered
United States of America

Referee's Changing of Names

Post by vern2006 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:27 pm

As part of the UK citizenship process, I have submit information of two referees with the application.

I have a friend who has agreed to it, they meet the "professional" standard, but they're getting married soon. So this means that their surname will be changing.

They will likely not be getting a new passport before I submit my application, but may submit the application before I submit my citizenship application.

If they're married and have made their application for a new passport but don't have the new passport, what information should I submit? The information on their current passport, as they haven't gotten the new one yet?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Referee's Changing of Names

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:38 pm

How do you know your referee will be changing name(s) officially? Just getting married does not mean you have to change your name(s) necessarily. To change your name, one has to follow a legal procedure.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

vern2006
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by vern2006 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:46 pm

>How do you know your referee will be changing name(s) officially?

Yeah true, but I've talked to them and they are planning on doing the paperwork and going through the legal process to do so quickly after they get married.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:47 pm

Just send your citizenship. You are over thinking.