ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewal or temporary permission

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

few_daniel
Newly Registered
Barbados

Renewal or temporary permission

Post by few_daniel » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:09 pm

Hi
I hope you can help me. My Stamp4EUfam visa is due to expire this month after 5 years residency in Ireland.
My EU3 application is pending and I have received a letter stating that I should make an appointment in Burgh Quay to request a temporary permission. I have been trying for some time to get an appointment online and it is impossible - also the website clearly states that appointments are only for first time registrations.
I am getting no response by email or by telephone from Burgh Quay.

So I have applied for a Stamp4EUFAM renewal online and received an email saying that i should send my passport and documents by post.

I really don't know whether I should send my documents by post for the renewal (knowing that I am unlikely to get a response for some time given the delays and by which point my visa will have expired) or to keep trying to get an appointment in person for the temporary permission (as per the letter) but with the risk I also may not get an appointment before my visa expires.

Has anyone else been in the same boat? What should I do and how can I get a response by email!! I really don't want to have any gap in my permission to stay in Ireland

Thanks for your help

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Renewal or temporary permission

Post by littlerr » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:05 pm

You cannot make an appointment in Dublin. The appointment is exclusively for first time registrations.
If you have received a letter saying you can apply for a temporary extension, you should include this letter in your online renewal supporting document, and send over your passport/IRP over by post as instructed.