ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about post update of Irish citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jerryandtom
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Questions about post update of Irish citizenship application

Post by jerryandtom » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:00 pm

Hello,

I have two questions about Irish citizenship application.
Firstly, below is my application timeline.

Application Based On: 5+ years residency, Non-EU (Stamp 1 + Stamp 4)

Applied Date: 29/Nov/2019
Application received Date: 02/Dec/2019
Acknowledgement Date: 29/Dec/2019
Second Letter: 15/March/2020
Approval: Pending
Date of Ceremony: Pending

In the second letter, it wrote:
"In general, it takes approximately 6 months for a straightforward application to be processed from the date it is received to the date a decision is made."

My question is the "date it is received" is the applied date (i.e. 29/Nov/2019) or the second letter date (i.e. 15/March/2020)?
I think it is over 6 months now, is it appropriate to just send in an email to check with them my application status or it is too early to bother them?

My 2nd question is due to the Covid-19, my visa has been auto extended and I had made an appointment to renew my IRP, but the scheduled time already queued up to November. The local immigration officer told me it is totally okay because I made the appointment before my visa expire.

So, should I inform the citizenship department to keep them up to date or it is doesn't matter, I just need to make sure my Stamp 4 renew in order?

Thanks in advance.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Questions about post update of Irish citizenship application

Post by Vorona » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:12 pm

jerryandtom wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:00 pm
My question is the "date it is received" is the applied date (i.e. 29/Nov/2019) or the second letter date (i.e. 15/March/2020)?
I think it is over 6 months now, is it appropriate to just send in an email to check with them my application status or it is too early to bother them?
It's the date from the first acknowledgment letter. Don't hold your breath though. In March this mess kicked in, and the processing time was extended for 12 months. Of course you can ring or write to them and ask for an update.
jerryandtom wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:00 pm
My 2nd question is due to the Covid-19, my visa has been auto extended and I had made an appointment to renew my IRP, but the scheduled time already queued up to November. The local immigration officer told me it is totally okay because I made the appointment before my visa expire.
So, should I inform the citizenship department to keep them up to date or it is doesn't matter, I just need to make sure my Stamp 4 renew in order?
Don't bother. They have it on their system. You will only need to inform them if you change your address, marital status, commit a criminal offense, etc.

jerryandtom
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by jerryandtom » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:19 pm

Thank you very much.

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:17 am

Vorona wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:12 pm

It's the date from the first acknowledgment letter. Don't hold your breath though. In March this mess kicked in, and the processing time was extended for 12 months. Of course you can ring or write to them and ask for an update.
Are you sure they count from the acknowledgment letter?
In my second letter inis specified, that documents were checked and that straightforward process will take 6 months to receive citizenship but it depends. So I thought they count from the 2nd letter.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:57 pm

Stanina wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:17 am
Are you sure they count from the acknowledgment letter?
I did not say that they're counting from the acknowledgement date. The question asked was "is the "date it is received" is the applied date (i.e. 29/Nov/2019) or the second letter date (i.e. 15/March/2020)?".

All I said is that the date in the acknowledgement letter is the date of the receipt of the application. The purpose of such letter is to inform the applicant that their application has been received.

sugeie
Ghana

Post by sugeie » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:00 am

let me throw my 2 cents here. i applied in feb 2020 and got an acknowledgement letter on the 18th of feb. The second letter was sent on the 3rd of June with the application number and receipt and on the receipt, there was a section there with the title "date received". that was filled in as the 28th of May. I believe this is the official date my application was entered into their system and the start of the count down clock. So according to their new time table? i should expect to hear latest May 2021. But i really hope its sooner!