ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to successfully apply for EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit for parents-in-law

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

How to successfully apply for EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit for parents-in-law

Post by 1878 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:25 am

Hi.

As a thank you to the forum I want to share my experience of how to successfully apply for a EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit for parents-in-law.

I am a EEA national married to a Non-EEA national. We both received settled status earlier this year after having had permanent residence for a number of years.

I decided to only supply the bare minimum of documents which worked. We supplied:

Non-eea parents passports and ID cards.
VFS application centre confirmation
Application checklist
Our marriage certificate (translated and certified copy)
Non-EEA national birth certificate (translated and certified copy)
Copy of EEA national passport
Copy of Non-EEA national passport
Copy of Non-EEA national ID card (back and front)

We uploaded everything online and the applicants brought their passports, ID cards and copy of checklist and appointment confirmation to the centre.

I ticked off for financial dependency and entered a number but did not supply proof of this as dependency is assumed.

Biometrics done 6th August, e-mailed paid UKVI service which confirmed on 26th Aug decision had been made. Today 18th Sep parents-in-law went to VFS centre to collect their passport without receiving any notification. Visa sticker stamped with 17th August.

Let me know if you have any questions.

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Re: How to successfully apply for EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit for parents-in-law

Post by euspouse07 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:29 am

I have posted the same question on other thread.
When VFS got passports back from embassy ?

Re: How to successfully apply for EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit for parents-in-law

Post by 1878 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:30 am

euspouse07 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:29 am
I have posted the same question on other thread.
When VFS got passports back from embassy ?
We don't know. Could be anything from 1-4 weeks...

butchikMD
Newly Registered

Post by butchikMD » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:40 am

Hi. My parents will go this application route soon. Can I just ask how long is the visa sticker valid for?

Post by 1878 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:59 pm

6 months

Sajid29

Post by Sajid29 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:31 pm

1878 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:25 am
Hi.

As a thank you to the forum I want to share my experience of how to successfully apply for a EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit for parents-in-law.

I am a EEA national married to a Non-EEA national. We both received settled status earlier this year after having had permanent residence for a number of years.

I decided to only supply the bare minimum of documents which worked. We supplied:

Application checklist

We uploaded everything online and the applicants brought their passports, ID cards and copy of checklist and appointment confirmation to the centre.

I ticked off for financial dependency and entered a number but did not supply proof of this as dependency is assumed.

Biometrics done 6th August, e-mailed paid UKVI service which confirmed on 26th Aug decision had been made. Today 18th Sep parents-in-law went to VFS centre to collect their passport without receiving any notification. Visa sticker stamped with 17th August.

Hello dear ,I have a question, can you please clarify. I have applied already then I submit documents on VFS website. I have booked biometric for my family . Is it important to download document cheklsit and submit with passports when they go for biometrics? 2ndly as I submit all required documents on VFS website eg EU marriage certificate, covering letter, parents passport copies ,all essential documents....do my family need to submit them again ? Thanks
I

Post by 1878 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:06 am

Hi. Yes bring your document checklist, appointment confirmation and passports (and ID cards). The documents you uploaded to the portal is not necessary to bring to the appointment.

Sajid29

Post by Sajid29 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:45 am

1878 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:06 am
Hi. Yes bring your document checklist, appointment confirmation and passports (and ID cards). The documents you uploaded to the portal is not necessary to bring to the appointment.
Thanks for your reply , currently in Pakistan there is no appointments available through VFS website and i wait over a month but still nothing , but they have on demand services which I paid and get appointment . I hope all is well because this service seems different. You mean the sponsor documents uploaded on VFS website, no need to submit with Passort again ? The VFS team will visit my home to take biometric and this services is called ODMV .

Post by 1878 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:16 pm

I did not apply from Pakistan so I don't know. But from the place my parents-in-law applied they only brought their passports, ID cards, application checklist and appointment confirmation to the biometrics appointment. They did not bring their supporting documents which had already been electronically uploaded to the VFS portal. Hope that answers your question.

Sajid29

Post by Sajid29 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:58 pm

1878 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:16 pm
I did not apply from Pakistan so I don't know. But from the place my parents-in-law applied they only brought their passports, ID cards, application checklist and appointment confirmation to the biometrics appointment. They did not bring their supporting documents which had already been electronically uploaded to the VFS portal. Hope that answers your question.
Thank you for your help. I will update as soon .

dev1313
Mood:
India

Post by dev1313 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:12 pm

Please provide any list of documents you provided as financial dependency. One of my friend parents got refusal yesterday under this route due lack of proving documents for financal dependency to only showing 4 transactions of fund transfer to them. Please provide any lisit.
1878 wrote:
Hi.

Application checklist

vpp1981

Post by vpp1981 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:33 pm

dev1313 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:12 pm
Please provide any list of documents you provided as financial dependency. One of my friend parents got refusal yesterday under this route due lack of proving documents for financal dependency to only showing 4 transactions of fund transfer to them. Please provide any lisit.
1878 wrote:
Hi.

Application checklist

Hi dev, I havent heard about single refusal on EUSS FP route citing evidence on financial dependency. Please note financial evidence is expected for EEA FP route. Please can you double check which visa your friend's parents applied - EEA FP or EUSS FP?

Post by 1878 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:56 am

Yes under EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit, financial dependency is assumed so we did not provide any evidence of this. All the docs we provided have been posted above.

veasta
Newly Registered

Post by veasta » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:13 am

Hi there,

I have a question regarding the way of submission. I click the link of apply under the EU settlement route. It asks you whether you are in the UK or not. As the non-EU family members are outside the UK. I can only choose‘not. Then the only way is to use the APP. But in the APP for non-EU can only scan a BRP card. They don’t have a card. How can we proceed?
Many thanks in advance.

veasta
Newly Registered

Post by veasta » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:29 am

1878 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:56 am
Yes under EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit, financial dependency is assumed so we did not provide any evidence of this. All the docs we provided have been posted above.
I think I found the link for EU settlement scheme family permit. Just to make sure, the option should be chosen is the first one ‘ Close family member of an EEA or Swiss national with a UK immigration status under the EU Settlement Scheme‘ right? My case is same as the poster, non-EU parents-in-laws.

Thanks.

Post by 1878 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:27 pm

Yes I believe that’s correct.

veasta
Newly Registered

Post by veasta » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:40 pm

1878 wrote:
Hi.

Application checklist

Hi there,

Another question. I still feel confused whether the ddl for the non-EU family members to enter the UK is 31 Dec 2020 or only if the EEA citizen entered the UK before the end of this year the family member can still apply until 30 June 2021?

veasta
Newly Registered

Post by veasta » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:40 pm

1878 wrote:
Hi.

Application checklist

Hi there,

Another question. I still feel confused whether the ddl for the non-EU family members to enter the UK is 31 Dec 2020 or only if the EEA citizen entered the UK before the end of this year the family member can still apply until 30 June 2021?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:32 am

If people can still use this route to enter after Dec 31, 2020, it means the Brexit didn't happen.

So whatever your project is, ensure it happens before that deadline.

vpp1981

Post by vpp1981 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:57 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:32 am
If people can still use this route to enter after Dec 31, 2020, it means the Brexit didn't happen.

So whatever your project is, ensure it happens before that deadline.
Sorry Zerubbabel,

There is no deadline for non-EU close family members to join EU national with settled or pre-settled status in the UK, and you are wrong to assume that EUSS FP ends on 31st Dec 2020, that's the deadline for EU nationals be move to UK in order to qualify for pre-settled, but close family members can still apply after that deadline as long as their relationship exists with the EEA national with settled/pre-settled status on or before 31st Dec 2020.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:21 pm

At the moment, the EU Settlement Scheme is open for everyone with very low entry requirements. There are people bringing non-EU in-laws with nearly no paperwork and assumed dependency.

Wait for the UK to leave with no deal and see if the above is still doable in January.

vpp1981

Post by vpp1981 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:20 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:21 pm
At the moment, the EU Settlement Scheme is open for everyone with very low entry requirements. There are people bringing non-EU in-laws with nearly no paperwork and assumed dependency.

Wait for the UK to leave with no deal and see if the above is still doable in January.
I have to disagree again here. As I understand, EUSS visa category and its rules were agreed as part of withdrawl agreement and will be upheld in UK and international law. It is not dependent and wont be affected irrespective of negotiations outcome of deal with EU. I am not expert in politics but changing any part of the withdrawl agreement unilaterally by any parties(UK or EU) is breaking the law as with recent example of changes approved by UK parliment. Happy to be corrected.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:08 am

Let's wait January and you will see.

I am not claiming they are going to revoke the EUSS or ignore the withdrawal agreement. However, in that Agreement, it has never been said, signed and guaranteed that a non-EU citizen can bring non-EU citizens because he/she is married to an EU citizen. That's to say, a Pakistani married to a Polish, can now automatically bring his mother and father under the Withdrawal Agreement. We are in a country where many British citizen cannot bring a husband or a wife and parents are separated from their children because they don't meet the financial requirements.

I think that the current application of the EUSS went well beyond the intent letter published after the Brexit. I think the Home Office is under political pressure to accept any application just for the UK to show good faith during the negotiations.

That where my rational comes from. If you are non-EEA and want to bring non-EEA, do it now as the country is going through exceptional circumstances that makes it possible. Watch this space in 2021 where you will see a storm of refusals as the Home Office gets more liberty to interpret the rules.

marynatassos
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by marynatassos » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:55 pm

1878 wrote:
Hi.

Application checklist

Hello, thank you for providing the information. Can I please check did your parents in law applied while they were already in the UK, or from the country they are from?
Thank you

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:59 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:08 am
Let's wait January and you will see.

I am not claiming they are going to revoke the EUSS or ignore the withdrawal agreement. However, in that Agreement, it has never been said, signed and guaranteed that a non-EU citizen can bring non-EU citizens because he/she is married to an EU citizen. That's to say, a Pakistani married to a Polish, can now automatically bring his mother and father under the Withdrawal Agreement. We are in a country where many British citizen cannot bring a husband or a wife and parents are separated from their children because they don't meet the financial requirements.

I think that the current application of the EUSS went well beyond the intent letter published after the Brexit. I think the Home Office is under political pressure to accept any application just for the UK to show good faith during the negotiations.

That where my rational comes from. If you are non-EEA and want to bring non-EEA, do it now as the country is going through exceptional circumstances that makes it possible. Watch this space in 2021 where you will see a storm of refusals as the Home Office gets more liberty to interpret the rules.
Or they have to end up paying for their dependants themselves? The UK and Germany said they found people were using free movement for what they can take, with the UK saying they would stop that and they are.

If you only look at the benefit side for those of UK state pension age and not for those of working age or for the NHS: on age UK-

You will need to have settled status to claim benefits like Pension Credit and Housing Benefit. You will need settled status to get help with housing from the council.
https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-ad ... er-brexit/

Many believe that Pension Credit is a short lived benefit, why else would the UK raise the new state pension, to just above the cap for Pension Credit? The UK have already ended part of Pension Credit.

And Pension Credit, even if only 50p a week, is a passport to other benefits. e.g. full rent being paid, no council tax to pay, free tv licence. Those pensioners who have more pension amount than the Pension Credit cap, have to pay for themselves, even if they end up worse off than somebody claiming Pension Credit. It would be a vote winner to end Pension Credit.