ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Health Insurance Cover in UK for Indian Parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dvadithala

Health Insurance Cover in UK for Indian Parents

Post by dvadithala » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:03 pm

Hi

My parents going to visit UK. They are Indian citizens. Any advice on best medical insurance? I had bad insurance with ICICI Lombard and AXA Bharati in past.

Is it possible to buy the insurance from a UK company?

Thank you

D

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Health Insurance Cover in UK for Indian Parents

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:37 am

Hello

You can go to comparison websites. Enter the details and they will get you a list of insurances with various terms and conditions.

Be careful as the constant care of insurance is to see how avoid making any payment. Usually they have a long list of exclusions. They don't cover chronic diseases, pre-existing conditions, long term treatments... etc. And this days, even Covid or anything related is also excluded.

dvadithala

Post by dvadithala » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:43 am

Thank you. The price comparisons websites are for the UK residents and not for the UK visitors.

Also, the NHS website states - there is no COVID exempt for any visitor to Englad.

https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-se ... treatment/

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:01 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:59 am

Remember the NHS is not an insurance cover - whilst you may be eligible for free COVID testing and treatment you would not get any support for repatriation flights or special medical transport and related costs, from the NHS or a private insurance company.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.