ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minister announces further temporary extension of immigration permissions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ch123

Minister announces further temporary extension of immigration permissions

Post by ch123 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:45 pm

Hi,
The Minister has made an announcement on the INIS website regarding the extension of visas of people with current permission to reside in the state due to expire between 20 Sept and 20 Jan 2021.

My stamp 2 is due to expire in Oct 2020 following which I intend to apply for stamp 1g. However, does that mean my visa is automatically renewed until the 20th of Jan 2021? I am a non EU national (visa required to travel to and from Ireland). Can I still travel and enter Ireland with my expired IRP (following an automatic renewal) or do I have to go to immigration officer to get my stamp manually renewed?

Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Minister announces further temporary extension of immigration permissions

Post by littlerr » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:25 pm

This extension is to make sure everyone has sufficient time to renew their permission before the permission expires. You should still apply for your new permission at the earliest opportunity.

As a visa-required national, you cannot travel with an expired IRP. You risk being denied boarding. You should apply for a re-entry visa if there is an urgent reason to travel.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Re: Minister announces further temporary extension of immigration permissions

Post by Granista » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:23 am

NOT Visas. Residence permissions.