ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Language Requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tehussain

FLR Renewal

Post by tehussain » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:40 pm

Hi all,

I am preparing to collect all the documents required for my wife's FLR application, which isn't due a for a while, but I want to start early as I can. As we live with my parents, I won't be able to get a council tax bill as others have done, but the electric/gas bill from Bulb are in my name and recently I added my wife's name to it also.

Currently for sources I have bulb utility bill (joint), bank statements and NHS letters.

What other sources can you suggest?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR Renewal

Post by seagul » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:52 pm

tehussain wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:40 pm

What other sources can you suggest?

Thanks
Letters from HMRC & DVLA, voter registration letter, car insurance documents, mobile bills, or anything with name & address.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

tehussain

Post by tehussain » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:01 pm

Awesome, and how many from each source and and how many in total are required?

The only joint document will be the bank account, hmrc, and utility bill. I am wondering if it's worth getting a store card with one of the retailers in my wife's name.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:19 pm

tehussain wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:01 pm
Awesome, and how many from each source and and how many in total are required?

The only joint document will be the bank account, hmrc, and utility bill. I am wondering if it's worth getting a store card with one of the retailers in my wife's name.

Thanks
6 piece of documents if joint named otherwise 12 from at least 3 sources covering the last 2 years with even gaps of 3-4 months. To cover any gap you can add the documents addressed in individual name. If that store card is accompanied with some letter then should be fine.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

tehussain

Post by tehussain » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:35 pm

Great stuff.

Thank you.

tehussain

Language Requirement

Post by tehussain » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:22 pm

Hi all,

I am wanting to get my wife's English test done over the next few months, however, the visa isn't due for renewal until May 2022.

Which test is recommended for flr? She did the A1 for the initial visa.

Thanks

Tehmoor

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Language Requirement

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:16 pm

tehussain wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:22 pm
Hi all,

I am wanting to get my wife's English test done over the next few months, however, the visa isn't due for renewal until May 2022.

Which test is recommended for flr? She did the A1 for the initial visa.

Thanks

Tehmoor
You still have vast amount of time within which many rules can be changed including the test level/centre. Therefore, better to keep practicing the English language for now and then book the test very close to expiry date. As the things stand until today, A2 is needed for renewal.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:35 am

tehussain wrote:
Hi all,

Which test is recommended for flr? She did the A1 for the initial visa. If able, go for the test B1, this helps down the line as can use for ILR.

Thanks

Tehmoor

tehussain

Post by tehussain » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:45 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:35 am
tehussain wrote:
Hi all,

Which test is recommended for flr? She did the A1 for the initial visa. If able, go for the test B1, this helps down the line as can use for ILR.

Thanks

Tehmoor

Thank you, just seen this now.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:50 am

tehussain wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:45 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:35 am
tehussain wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks

Tehmoor

Thank you, just seen this now.
Do bring up any other questions or concerns you may have.

usmann
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by usmann » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:41 pm

get a B1 GESE Grade 5 test
and you can use it in future for ILR
it cost about £150