ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation | Queries filling the online form on my own and I would appreciate your help.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

trawlerme
Mood:

Naturalisation | Queries filling the online form on my own and I would appreciate your help.

Post by trawlerme » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:47 pm

I am applying based on NON-EEA ILR after 10 years and 12 months.

12 months calculation
This is just the 12 months from the date of issue on the ILR issue date on the BRP card isn’t it?

The form
The form I should use is Form AN isn’t it? Just wanted a confirmation. Search for "Apply for naturalisation as a British Citizen” and the guidance booklet that comes up are as following.

Is there an expedited service which I might not be aware of?
The Standard service for 1349.20 GBP says most people get a decision within 6 months of submitting their on-line application. That’s a long wait and uncertainty. Information like my current employment, dependents, travel requirements in the mean time might change!

How does the referee know the applicant?
1st Referee requirement - British Citizen and >25 years old is my work colleague.
Mentioning “Friend and Colleague” should be okay, isn’t it?
2nd referee requirement - Any citizen but a professional person.
I am going for an Accountant.
Mentioning “Professional Capacity” sounds reasonable isn’t it?

Does the referees normally get a call, email or post?

FPN for Drunk and Disorderly five years ago. Would this affect the application? Home office guidance booklet says otherwise, I think.

I am a bit nervous. All my other visas were straight forward. Of everything, only this feels big and intimidating with ten year work history on the form, and five year address history and what not.
I might update this thread with further questions as I fill the form, if you don't mind.

trawlerme
Mood:

Re: Naturalisation | Queries filling the online form on my own and I would appreciate your help.

Post by trawlerme » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:04 pm

Additional question 1: Submitting ten year work history, does any one have experience with a case worker on this? I am curious as to why they are asking this in the first place?

I am intending to mention that the dates are to the best of my knowledge and might even miss a brief employment which I don’t want to mention from 7 years ago. Would this be acceptable in the scheme of things?

trawlerme
Mood:

Re: Naturalisation | Queries filling the online form on my own and I would appreciate your help.

Post by trawlerme » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:08 pm

Additional question 2: Same with five year address history. I have always lived in a shared accommodation or a sub-let with a family of sorts. I have never had the need to pay council tax, gas, electric or even internet bills. Saying this aloud makes it seem weird. Would this in any way affect the application?

trawlerme
Mood:

Post by trawlerme » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:13 pm

Additional question 3: Five year continuous residence proof as a non-EEA application. Travel pages from my current passport and the previous passport is sufficient. Isn’t it?

trawlerme
Mood:

Post by trawlerme » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:38 pm

Additional question 4: Free from UK immigration conditions on the date of application. Am I understanding this correctly that having ILR means this statement is true?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:53 am

trawlerme wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:47 pm
12 months calculation
This is just the 12 months from the date of issue on the ILR issue date on the BRP card isn’t it?
Correct.
trawlerme wrote:
The form
The form I should use is Form AN isn’t it?
Correct. You may also want to add Booklet AN to your reading list.
trawlerme wrote:
Is there an expedited service which I might not be aware of?
No.
trawlerme wrote:
The Standard service for 1349.20 GBP says most people get a decision within 6 months of submitting their on-line application.
Be aware that due to the pandemic, it is taking much longer. Even in normal times, some people got their decisions in two months, while others were still waiting two years. You will need a lot of patience.
trawlerme wrote:
1st Referee requirement - British Citizen and >25 years old is my work colleague.
Mentioning “Friend and Colleague” should be okay, isn’t it?
Should be fine. I did likewise.
trawlerme wrote:
2nd referee requirement - Any citizen but a professional person.
I am going for an Accountant.
Mentioning “Professional Capacity” sounds reasonable isn’t it?
They need to be registered with a relevant professional body, such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales or the Certified Public Accountants Association, for them to count as a professional.
trawlerme wrote:
Does the referees normally get a call, email or post?
Generally, they are not contacted. However, some referees are contacted on a random basis.
trawlerme wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:04 pm
Additional question 1: Submitting ten year work history, does any one have experience with a case worker on this? I am curious as to why they are asking this in the first place?
To check that you were not working when you were not authorised to under the terms of your visa. They will be cross-referencing that with your income history with the HMRC anyway.
trawlerme wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:04 pm
I am intending to mention that the dates are to the best of my knowledge and might even miss a brief employment which I don’t want to mention from 7 years ago. Would this be acceptable in the scheme of things?
Withholding information from the Home Office may not only cause issues during the application, it can even lead to future British citizenship being revoked at any time in future on the basis of deception. You would be foolish to withhold information knowingly.
trawlerme wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:08 pm
Additional question 2: Same with five year address history. I have always lived in a shared accommodation or a sub-let with a family of sorts. I have never had the need to pay council tax, gas, electric or even internet bills. Saying this aloud makes it seem weird. Would this in any way affect the application?
Should not be a problem that you have lived in a shared house. I had likewise and had no issues.
trawlerme wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:13 pm
Additional question 3: Five year continuous residence proof as a non-EEA application. Travel pages from my current passport and the previous passport is sufficient. Isn’t it?
Provided that no part of your immigration history in the UK was spent under the EEA Regulations at any time, yes.
trawlerme wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:38 pm
Additional question 4: Free from UK immigration conditions on the date of application. Am I understanding this correctly that having ILR means this statement is true?
Correct.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

trawlerme
Mood:

Post by trawlerme » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:46 pm

That’s very to the point. Thank you very much Simon. 8)

With regards to with holding of the brief employment stint, it was just for few weeks and I simply have no record of it anywhere. No payslips, no P60, P45 and PAYE online Gateway account only shows for the last five years.

I was simply hoping to file it under “forgot to include” category. I don’t know how long SAR requests would take now. :oops:

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:49 pm

trawlerme wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:46 pm
it was just for few weeks and I simply have no record of it anywhere.
How about the old bank statements?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

trawlerme
Mood:

Post by trawlerme » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:28 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:49 pm
How about the old bank statements?
Thank you. That remind me of P14 summary print outs from that time saved with my old bank statement archives. Phew. :)

It was an employment for 6 weeks after all!

trawlerme
Mood:

Post by trawlerme » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:49 pm

Additional question 5: Biometrics appointment is a month away! :cry: and the decision turnaround will be few more months on the top. All in, I think I am looking at 2 months to 8 months spread.

I don't how long I could hold on to my current employment as it's becoming increasingly unbearable. I am ideally looking to move away to a more relaxed work place by Christmas.

My question is, what is the threshold to notify UKVI of change in circumstances, whilst waiting for the decision?
  • Address changes,
  • employment changes,
  • Updates to referees circumstances (!),
  • Travel arrangements in the mean time (to an EEA country or a Non EEA country),
  • new dependants (Child or a life partner),
  • New cautions, FPNs, out of court disposals and warnings
I think I am jinxing myself by over thinking this. :oops:

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:42 pm

trawlerme wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:49 pm
what is the threshold to notify UKVI of change in circumstances, whilst waiting for the decision?
[/u]
  • Address changes,
  • employment changes,
  • Updates to referees circumstances (!),
  • Travel arrangements in the mean time (to an EEA country or a Non EEA country),
  • new dependants (Child or a life partner),
  • New cautions, FPNs, out of court disposals and warnings
I think I am jinxing myself by over thinking this. :oops:
None of above will be appurtenant to an already lodged application except the one encircling to FPNs/court proceedings/judgements depending how mountainous are these. As, you have an appointment booked in next month where if you wish then may attach a covering letter. And regarding change of address, it is always best practice to leave the previous place amicably so that you can go there to collect the post as a lot of times UKVI still send the letters at old address despite have been updated in timely.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

trawlerme
Mood:

Post by trawlerme » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:21 am

Thank you. :)