ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility for British Citizenship - Help needed please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Moluis
Newly Registered
Mood:

Eligibility for British Citizenship - Help needed please

Post by Moluis » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:39 pm

Hi guys

I would really appreciate it if someone can help me with my case.

My wife who is EU national got her settled status last October 2019 and she is planning to apply for British citizenship this year on November as she will be eligible to apply.

My self none EU national got my settled status few weeks ago, so I will need to wait 12 months to be eligible to apply for British Citizenship.

My question is, will my status under the EU settlement scheme will need to be changed as my spouse will be a British Citizen?

also, will I be eligible to apply for British Citizenship as soon as my wife become British citizen or I still have to wait 12 months to be eligible?

your answers will be very helpful.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Eligibility for British Citizenship - Help needed please

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:45 pm

will my status under the EU settlement scheme will need to be changed as my spouse will be a British Citizen?
No.
also, will I be eligible to apply for British Citizenship as soon as my wife become British citizen
Yes, which is after here ceremony if she is approved for citizenship.
or I still have to wait 12 months to be eligible?
No, not if you meet all the requirements and are married to a British citizen on the date you apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Moluis
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Eligibility for British Citizenship - Help needed please

Post by Moluis » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:52 pm

Thank you CR001! :)