ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child registration after tier 2 visa expiry

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saaji93
India

CHILD BRITISH REGISTRATION AFTER ILR

Post by saaji93 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:10 pm

Hi Guys

I have recently applied got my citizenship approved and waiting for ceremony . I would like to apply child registration for my daughter who got ILR last year and my wife got ILR as well .
For time being I would like apply only for my daughter .

choose which category to apply under. You are a child under 18 and: (Required)

You were born outside the UK =

• Your parent is British by descent and lived in the UK or a British Overseas territory for at least 3 years before you were born

Your parent is British by descent and you and your parents (unless they are legally separated) are now living in the UK or a British Overseas territory

You were born on or after 13 January 2010 and your parent was serving in the UK armed forces

You were adopted abroad by British citizen parents

You were born before 1 July 2006 to a British father and your parents were not married

One or both of your parents is applying for British citizenship
Other - apply at the discretion of the Home Secretary[/list]

what options should I select for above?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: CHILD BRITISH REGISTRATION AFTER ILR

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:12 pm

You choose "OTHER".

You can only apply for the child once you are officially British, ie attended your ceremony. You are not British until then.

The requirment for children born abroad is that they just either be applying at the same time as one parent and the other parent has ilr, OR one parent must already be British and the other parent must hold ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saaji93
India

Post by saaji93 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:23 pm

Thanks for your reply CR001

My daughter passport going to expire soon and don't want to renew the passport now .
Yes , I am not British until I attend the ceremony . Ceremony going to take another one month and my daughter passport will expire in one month .

Can I able to select the option as below and submit application ? In parent detail , I still leave as Indian citizen
    One or both of your parents is applying for British citizenship

Please advise

CR001
    Mood:
    South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:34 pm

No, you can only choose "OTHER" for the child.

You are NOT "applying", you have already "applied" and decision process is complete,meaning you have now application pending.

No issue with her passport expiring shortly before you apply for her.
    Char (CR001 not Casa)
    Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saaji93
    India

child registration after tier 2 visa expiry

Post by saaji93 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:01 pm

Can my child travel back to UK if her Tier 2 general is about to expire (15 days left to expire), but we (parents) being in ILR status.And also if the child is born in UK, is ILR must for her or can we bypass ILR and directly apply for British citizenship?

CULLINAN
    Respected Guru
    Pakistan

Re: child registration after tier 2 visa expiry

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:06 pm

saaji93 wrote:
    Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:01 pm
    Can my child travel back to UK if her Tier 2 general is about to expire (15 days left to expire), but we (parents) being in ILR status.And also if the child is born in UK, is ILR must for her or can we bypass ILR and directly apply for British citizenship?

Yes child can return before visa expiry.

When was the child born in UK? Before any parent(s) had ILR or after??

If child was born AFTER any parent(s) had ILR, child is British by birth. Simply apply for British Passport.

If child was born BEFORE any parent(s) had ILR, you can simply register the child as BC via MN1. No ILR needed for child.
    Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
    Mood:
    South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:15 pm

Topics merged!!!!
    Char (CR001 not Casa)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:19 pm

Bit confusing.
    saaji93 wrote:
    Can my child travel back to UK if her Tier 2 general is about to expire (15 days left to expire)
    saaji93 wrote:
    Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:10 pm
    my daughter who got ILR last year
    Is it the same child or is it a different child? If the same, does the child have TIIG dependant visa or ILR?
    saaji93 wrote:
    And also if the child is born in UK, is ILR must for her or can we bypass ILR and directly apply for British citizenship?
    If child is born in the UK before either parent acquired ILR, they can apply directly for British citizenship without ILR.
    I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.