ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certification for UK abscences/annual leaves taken from Employer

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TD84
Newly Registered
Philippines

Certification for UK abscences/annual leaves taken from Employer

Post by TD84 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:03 pm

Good evening everyone,

I could not find a topic relating to this so I made a new one. I am in the process of applying for Naturalization via ILR route Tier 2 General. My concern is, my ILR was approved back in April 2019 but I have travelled again outside the UK from September 2, 2019 to September 9, 2019.

My previous employer certification of authorized annual leaves/holidays outside the UK only covered period before April 2019. Should I ask an updated certification that includes the September trip for my application for naturalization? Or since I made this travel when I have already Indefinite Leave to Remain, I should just go on ahead without worrying about it? I have been trolling the boards but I could not see anything mentioning that you still need to submit the employer certification for the annual leaves taken outside the UK.

Please any information or advice will be greatly appreciated!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Certification for UK abscences/annual leaves taken from Employer

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:18 pm

AN is not an immigration application. You do not need any employer letter now. AN application falls under the Nationality law. You should meet all the AN requirements including residence. Read through the links provided below to understand the requirements.

If you are applying in your own right i.e Section 6(1), you should not be outside UK for more than 450 days in the last 5 years, not more than 90 days in the last 12 months from the date of application. Also, you should be physically present in UK at the start of your 5 year qualifying period.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... uly_20.pdf

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.