ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Next Ceremony

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Taki
Ireland

Next Ceremony

Post by Taki » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:36 pm

Anyone has any information about the next ceremony for the certificate of naturalization virtual or otherwise.

Vasya
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Re: Next Ceremony

Post by Vasya » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:51 pm

There is no official information about the date of the next ceremony. I think the latest official information about the ceremonies can be found here -- https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... 09-29/724/

It is a long answer but in general "A review of the pilot is in the final stages." ("pilot" here means pilot of the virtual ceremony in July). However, nobody knows what "final stages" means and how long it can take.

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:35 pm

Is anyone recently received a decision on the application for the certificate of naturalisation? Or anyone is still waiting for the ceremony to take oath from previously successful applicants since March 2020?

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:09 pm

Taki wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:35 pm
Is anyone recently received a decision on the application for the certificate of naturalisation? Or anyone is still waiting for the ceremony to take oath from previously successful applicants since March 2020?
I was approved and send fee but didn't receive invite to march ceremony.
I guess there are much more as in one of the answers from TD there 2400 people already approved.

"There are currently 5,869 applications at the final stages of processing with 2,347 already approved, where my predecessor indicated his intention to grant a certificate of naturalisation, subject to the outstanding conditions being satisfied. ".
https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... 07-07/640/

Approval does not guarantee 100% that you get citizenship, probably 95% that you will :)

hdsgnr

Post by hdsgnr » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:21 pm

Same with me. Approved in January, paid fee, but didn't get invitation for the March ceremony and then Covid hit us.

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by GoWentGone123 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:33 pm

Any news guys? They posted an update on Immigration website so seems like they're working. Just with the levels of restrictions going up, wondering if there's any update.

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:36 pm

As Covid situation is still not improving and government offices are still not 100% functional, I think it is very unlikely to happen any ceremony at least this year including virtual ceremony.

anongirl
South Africa

Post by anongirl » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:23 pm

“A review of the pilot ceremony will take place over the coming months as
the pilot was successful, then this will provide an avenue by which some
applicants will secure Citizenship. A decision regarding virtual ceremonies
will be made in the coming weeks and an announcement will be on our website”

Got this in an email this morning and also have a friend who works in immigration. She said they were having a security issue with the pilot ceremony and based on the email I received looks like they sorted it. She will tell me more as she hears more info. I really hope they do sort it before end of the year especially considering the minister only extended IRP till January so she may want to clear some people from submitting for renewals before that time.

Wow90
Ireland

Post by Wow90 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:57 pm

anongirl wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:23 pm

Got this in an email this morning and also have a friend who works in immigration. She said they were having a security issue with the pilot ceremony and based on the email I received looks like they sorted it. She will tell me more as she hears more info. I really hope they do sort it before end of the year especially considering the minister only extended IRP till January so she may want to clear some people from submitting for renewals before that time.
Thank you for letting us know! Please keep us posted with whatever you're friend says

hdsgnr

Post by hdsgnr » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:55 pm

anongirl wrote:
Thanks for posting! :)

Shelter
Pakistan

Post by Shelter » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:08 pm

anongirl wrote:

Thanks for sharing... but I don't think so we gona get any cemermy this year because of current situation is not ideal ..even we get a cermony it's gona be a small one for the people who already aproved... chances for new approvals are very slim ...

anongirl
South Africa

Post by anongirl » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:09 pm

Shelter wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:08 pm
anongirl wrote:

Thanks for sharing... but I don't think so we gona get any cemermy this year because of current situation is not ideal ..even we get a cermony it's gona be a small one for the people who already aproved... chances for new approvals are very slim ...
If they do one at all its a good sign. And there are quite alot that were approved who just missed out on the last ceremony, including myself. And as for new approvals the rest of my family is hoping for it too. So lets just hope they sort themselves out soon. Will keep you all updated with any further news...

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:54 pm

Don’t take my words for it, but there is one being planned for later this year. Whether that will go ahead or not depends on the final approval of the virtual ceremony, which has still a few technical issues to resolve unfortunately.

hdsgnr

Post by hdsgnr » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:58 pm

Thank you littlerr !

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:22 pm

littlerr wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:54 pm
Don’t take my words for it, but there is one being planned for later this year. Whether that will go ahead or not depends on the final approval of the virtual ceremony, which has still a few technical issues to resolve unfortunately.
Thank you littlerr, you always try to keep up our hope. Lets see when we'll be able to come out this mess including Covid etc.

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:27 pm

A friend of mine has texted me that their approval has come today...

Chap1122
Zimbabwe

Post by Chap1122 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:37 pm

That's the news

Winchester
Newly Registered

Post by Winchester » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:46 pm

On Fb forum a girl has received her approval last week. Her application was made on 2018 not sure exactly when however it gives me a great hope as I had applied on November 2018. Fingers crossed.

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:49 pm

Chap1122 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:37 pm
That's the news
Yes, seems like good news and this person's application has been approved in less than a year. My wife is now closing in on 3 years waiting for her approval so we are really hoping that she gets her approval now irrespective of when the next ceremony will be!

klick02
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by klick02 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:53 pm

Chap1122 wrote:
That's the news
Hello, when did your friend apply exactly? ty :)

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:59 pm

klick02 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:53 pm
Chap1122 wrote:
That's the news
I've asked the exact timeline but I think the application was submitted late last year (Nov/Dec)

klick02
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by klick02 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:02 pm

iamok wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:59 pm
klick02 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:53 pm
Chap1122 wrote:
That's the news
I've asked the exact timeline but I think the application was submitted late last year (Nov/Dec)
Thats great news. I applied last october and still waiting. Happy for your friend :)

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:24 pm

So just talked to my friend and the application took just over 15 months (my bad)... They submitted around mid of 2019 (I don't have exact dates)... The approval letter doesn't say anything about the next ceremony and states that the department is looking for alternative avenues to arrange a ceremony... :!:

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:32 pm

Fantastic news! Congrats to your friend!

Did they mention anything about submitting the IRP and bank draft?

Thank you in advance :)

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:18 pm

Bealtaine wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:32 pm
Fantastic news! Congrats to your friend!

Did they mention anything about submitting the IRP and bank draft?

Thank you in advance :)
Sorry, haven't had a chance to speak to my friend again but when I asked yesterday they said that the letter just says that department is looking for avenues for an alternative ceremony and will provide an update.