ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

request for quick response on visa application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ibdo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

request for quick response on visa application

Post by ibdo » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:13 pm

Hi,

I have recently applied for Tier 4 extension along with my dependents. We applied on Sep 22, hoping to receive a decision within a week or two, but that hasn't happened.

Now, I will need to start spending maintenance funds, as need to pay for accommodation, that too in bulk. How does that effect my financial position once my application starts to get considered?

Also, my previous visa was also a tier 4 for studying for a masters degree. During the masters, my spouse and kids stayed in home country firstly due to delay in school admissions and later due to Covid. So for extension visa, I had no document to show my spouse and I lived together. What is the best alternative document for such a scenario? Please reply.

P.S. is there any way of requesting an early decision due to unusual circumstances?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: request for quick response on visa application

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:26 pm

Hello

You can try to ask the university to contact the Home Office. As a sponsor, they have a more direct contact and they could be able to make things move for you or at least trigger something.

Once you lodge the application, they don't ask to see maintenance funds again. You can spend it if you are sure the money is not needed again.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:13 am

ibdo wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:13 pm
Now, I will need to start spending maintenance funds, as need to pay for accommodation, that too in bulk. How does that effect my financial position once my application starts to get considered?
It does not affect it.
ibdo wrote:
So for extension visa, I had no document to show my spouse and I lived together. What is the best alternative document for such a scenario? Please reply.
There is no specific alternative document. You will need to provide evidence that even though you lived apart, your marriage was genuine and subsisting. Visits, snapshots of communications, ongoing shared assets, etc. The international student adviser at your university can give one-to-one advice about it.
ibdo wrote:
P.S. is there any way of requesting an early decision due to unusual circumstances?
There is probably an expedited option, but you need to pay for that when you apply.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

ibdo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ibdo » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:04 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:13 am

There is no specific alternative document. You will need to provide evidence that even though you lived apart, your marriage was genuine and subsisting. Visits, snapshots of communications, ongoing shared assets, etc. The international student adviser at your university can give one-to-one advice about it.
Thank you for your reply.

I was advised to write a detailed letter explaining my circumstances. Additionally, I have attached air tickets of my travel back to my family during Christmas holidays and later in June, when univs closed due to Covid. Should these suffice?

ibdo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ibdo » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:06 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:26 pm
Hello

You can try to ask the university to contact the Home Office. As a sponsor, they have a more direct contact and they could be able to make things move for you or at least trigger something.

Once you lodge the application, they don't ask to see maintenance funds again. You can spend it if you are sure the money is not needed again.
Thanks, I have requested the university to give them a nudge.

ibdo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ibdo » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:25 am

The university has come back to me saying their contact at UKVI responded that I should hear from them shortly. That was on Thursday last week. Today, I complete 3 weeks of having submitted my application. No idea what is happening with my application.

Saddy2018
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Saddy2018 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:37 am

I submited Tier-4 dependent visa of my wife on 10 Sept, and received email from sheffield (visa office) on 26 Sept that it's not a straight forward case and also asking me to provide TB test & bank statement (albeit, i provided these two documents to Gerry at the time of docs submission).

Since then, I didn't hear anything from them. Even. I escalated by case on 2 Oct but still decision awaiting. I called to thier call centre and then told me that due to COVID backlog, visa application has been delayed for most of the applicants. Nothing to worry. its almost 25 working days, since my document submitted to Gerry but no decision yet.