ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationality Application - documents sent via post with no online document option

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Nationality Application - documents sent via post with no online document option

Post by babylondoner » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:19 pm

Hello

I applied for naturalisation over three weeks ago and I wasn't offered the option to upload my documents via the ukvi/sopra steria online portal.

The only option I was given was to send my documents to an address in Leeds with a message on my screen stating ukvi will be in touch regarding my biometrics. I have not heard anything back since then even though I posted these documents with my original passport to the stipulated address.

Is it okay if I create a profile on sopra steria's portal, upload my documents and book my biometrics?

How do I get my passport back from the home office without any impact to my application as I need it urgently? I currently hold ILR.

Responses and advice will be greatly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Nationality Application - documents sent via post with no online document option

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:44 am

Which form did you complete for citizenship?? There is only one form I am aware that requires originals to be posted and it is not form AN to naturalised as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Re: Nationality Application - documents sent via post with no online document option

Post by babylondoner » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:10 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:44 am
Which form did you complete for citizenship?? There is only one form I am aware that requires originals to be posted and it is not form AN to naturalised as British.
Thanks for responding.

I completed the correct form. However I have just had a look at my responses and I have seen that I made a blunder.

The question 'are you in the UK'? I answered NO rather than YES. :( I guess this is why I was asked to post the form. I'm actually in the UK.

Please how can I correct this? Can I withdraw my application, get the form and my documents back and apply again? Please how do I sort out this issue? Thanks