ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

should our British child be listed as a dependent on FLR(m) application??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ht1

should our British child be listed as a dependent on FLR(m) application??

Post by Ht1 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:40 am

hi,

i am in the process of completing my wife's FLR(m) application. i am her sponsor and I'm a british citizen. our daughter was born earlier this year in the UK so also has british citizenship. my question is: do I need to list our daughter as a dependent on my wife's FLR(m) application?

thank you!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: should our British child be listed as a dependent on FLR(m) application??

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:28 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:40 am
hi,

i am in the process of completing my wife's FLR(m) application. i am her sponsor and I'm a british citizen. our daughter was born earlier this year in the UK so also has british citizenship. my question is: do I need to list our daughter as a dependent on my wife's FLR(m) application?

thank you!
Yes, though not subject to immigration control, she is still your dependent.

Ht1

Post by Ht1 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:23 pm

Thanks AmazonianX. A couple of questions then:

1. how does listing our daughter impact my wife's application? the list of required docs asks for my daughter's birth certificate so is that it?

2. i've already paid the IHS for this app. there i didn't list any dependents as this. have i made an error here? if so, can i pay the extra amount on top to cover her?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:35 pm

1. how does listing our daughter impact my wife's application? the list of required docs asks for my daughter's birth certificate so is that it?
Yes, but this is to prove subsisting relationship. You are not applying for your daughters visa.
2. i've already paid the IHS for this app. there i didn't list any dependents as this. have i made an error here? if so, can i pay the extra amount on top to cover her?
Your daughter does NOT have to pay IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ht1

Post by Ht1 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:35 pm
Yes, but this is to prove subsisting relationship. You are not applying for your daughters visa.
thanks CR001!

so the only difference is them asking for her birth certificate. got it.

by the way, on a slightly different note:

1. i'm preparing the docs they've asked-do i need to post them the supporting docs like bank statements or scan them?

2. they say that your payslips shouldn't be older than 28 days from when the app is submitted. that to me means that the last payslip i attach should be no older than 28 days from the date of app submission. assuming i'm right, my last payslip currently is 29th September and my wife's current visa expires on 16th November. if i wish to submit her app in October i just need to ensure i submit it before 29th september + 28 days right? which'll be within the 28 days of 16th November anyways.
there's a lot there lol but am i right in what i'm thinking?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:29 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:24 pm
CR001 wrote:
thanks CR001!

1. i'm preparing the docs they've asked-do i need to post them the supporting docs like bank statements or scan them? Nothing is posted anywhere anymore (except otherwise requested), scan and upload or mail as it were.

2. they say that your payslips shouldn't be older than 28 days from when the app is submitted. that to me means that the last payslip i attach should be no older than 28 days from the date of app submission. assuming i'm right, my last payslip currently is 29th September and my wife's current visa expires on 16th November. if i wish to submit her app in October i just need to ensure i submit it before 29th september + 28 days right? which'll be within the 28 days of 16th November anyways.
there's a lot there lol but am i right in what i'm thinking? Correct

Ht1

Post by Ht1 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:51 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:29 pm
Ht1 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
thanks CR001!

1. i'm preparing the docs they've asked-do i need to post them the supporting docs like bank statements or scan them? Nothing is posted anywhere anymore (except otherwise requested), scan and upload or mail as it were.

thanks once again!

i receive a gross salary + fixed car allowance + commission 3-4 times a year. should i only include my gross salary on the app when it asks "What is their annual income before tax for this employment in GBP (£)"?

the same part of the app then asks "What do they earn?(Required)
The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount"

it would be the 3rd option right? (i earn above the £18,600 threshold)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:55 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:51 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:29 pm
Ht1 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

thanks CR001!

thanks once again!

i receive a gross salary + fixed car allowance + commission 3-4 times a year. should i only include my gross salary on the app when it asks "What is their annual income before tax for this employment in GBP (£)"?

it would be the 3rd option right? (i earn above the £18,600 threshold) it will be the option that applies to you on basis of if monthly income is same every month or not and if below or above 18,600.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:56 pm

It will be the option that applies to you on basis of if monthly income is same every month or not and if below or above 18,600.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:23 pm

Ht1 wrote:

thanks once again!

1st seems better where you might only have to supply 6 months of payslips & bank statements in contrast of 3rd option which will most likely ask 12 months of documents.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Ht1

Post by Ht1 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:51 am

seagul wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:23 pm
Ht1 wrote:

thanks once again!

1st seems better where you might only have to supply 6 months of payslips & bank statements in contrast of 3rd option which will most likely ask 12 months of documents.
thanks seagul. i have a question regarding a post i saw of yours on another opic about the 28 day rule.
my wife's BRP expires on 16th november 2020 and she arrived in the UK in Feb 2018 i.e. 32 months ago. Last night i paid for her application on the Gov.uk website (appointment is yet to be booked and documents are yet to be sent. IHS has also been paid). does the fact that i've paid for the app mean I've submitted it? i'm just weary of falling foul of this 28 day rule. thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:53 am

Online submission and payment means submitted and is the application date. You can apply within 28 days before reaching 30 months residnece OR before visa expiry datem

Unclear why you are concerned?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ht1

Post by Ht1 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:14 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:53 am
Online submission and payment means submitted and is the application date. You can apply within 28 days before reaching 30 months residnece OR before visa expiry datem

over cautiousness really. i had only been aware of the 28 day rule-not the 30 month part of it.

so in my case, as my wife has been here more than 30 months, we were okay to apply anytime after that 30 month mark but it just had to be before her current visa expires (which is what I've done)?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:50 am

Ht1 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:14 am
CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:53 am

over cautiousness really. i had only been aware of the 28 day rule-not the 30 month part of it.

so in my case, as my wife has been here more than 30 months, we were okay to apply anytime after that 30 month mark but it just had to be before her current visa expires (which is what I've done)?

Ht1

Post by Ht1 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:25 pm

Hi,

1. My wife received her English Language Assessment from NARIC last month but they've only sent an electronic copy of it i.e. a PDF. Their message says "Due to service disruptions caused by the current COVID-19 outbreak, we are currently unable to send paper documents."

The PDF itself has a watermark that says "This PDF is a temporary document issued during a period of disruption caused by Covid-19". I have contacted NARIC about them sending me this by post but they say they have a 4 month backlog.

So can I submit the PDF they sent as part of her application?

2. We lived for a short while with my parents. Can someone please share with me what is meant to go on the letter from them that confirms this i.e. what details do they need to include?

thanks!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:09 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:25 pm
Hi,

1. My wife received her English Language Assessment from NARIC last month but they've only sent an electronic copy of it i.e. a PDF. Their message says "Due to service disruptions caused by the current COVID-19 outbreak, we are currently unable to send paper documents."

The PDF itself has a watermark that says "This PDF is a temporary document issued during a period of disruption caused by Covid-19". I have contacted NARIC about them sending me this by post but they say they have a 4 month backlog.

2. We lived for a short while with my parents. Can someone please share with me what is meant to go on the letter from them that confirms this i.e. what details do they need to include?

thanks!
1. Yes can submit.
2. ?? Not clear what you mean.

Ht1

Post by Ht1 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:45 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:09 pm
Ht1 wrote:
Hi,

thanks!
1. Yes can submit.
Hi,
The Home office says that “If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this”.

I'm asking what to include on that letter. I can include the dates we were there. do i just need both my parents to sign it and date it or do i need to send some identification for them too?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:00 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:45 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:09 pm
Ht1 wrote:
Hi,

thanks!
1. Yes can submit.
Hi,
The Home office says that “If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this”.

I'm asking what to include on that letter. I can include the dates we were there. do i just need both my parents to sign it and date it or do i need to send some identification for them too?
Yeah right, let them state the relationship, when you stayed i.e. dates and include form of ID.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:33 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:45 pm

Hi,

If you have 2 years of cohabitation evidences then you don't need this letter at all.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:48 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:33 pm
If you have 2 years of cohabitation evidences then you don't need this letter at all.
It would appear the applicant does not have this and have selected the relevant options on the form leading to the request to submit the requested letter as an alternative.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:13 am

Korekt wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:48 pm
seagul wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:33 pm
It would appear the applicant does not have this and have selected the relevant options on the form leading to the request to submit the requested letter as an alternative.
Regardless of the case, the cohabitation evidences are pivotal which cant be substituted with an informally written letter. Queerly, the online application form & checklist isn't the real determinant of what actually need to be supplied since the actual guidance hasn't been altered/updated.

Ht1

Post by Ht1 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:00 pm

I have lots of correspondence for 2 years but it's the first month where we lived with our parents. I feel like I should include a letter from them for this month. What do others think?
by the way, why do they ask for correspondence for 2 years (24 months) if my wife's been here for more than that i.e. almost 33 months? they're only interested in the last 24 months?

I have also been asked for
1. "Evidence to support my claim it would be difficult for me to establish a private life outside the UK"

and

2. "Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK"

What can I submit as evidence here?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:17 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:13 am
Korekt wrote:
Regardless of the case, the cohabitation evidences are pivotal which cant be substituted with an informally written letter. Queerly, the online application form & checklist isn't the real determinant of what actually need to be supplied since the actual guidance hasn't been altered/updated.
Do not be too hung up on these cohabitation docs and advise people there aren't alternatives based on your attachment to them. Consider the facts. You can read for yourself the judge's description of them in the opening paragraphs and under 'The Six Items of Correspondence issue' in this judgement that has been referred to elsewhere in this forum.
The 'requirement' is not in the immigration rules. For HO it is no doubt an administrative tool for applicants to meet the subsisting relationship requirement part of the rules.

Of course it CAN be substituted which is why they, HO, have allowed applicants provide the requested letter as an alternative where they don't have these correspondence.

Also, don't be too hung up on the guidance, they can be useful but they have their limitations.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:28 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:00 pm
I have lots of correspondence for 2 years but it's the first month where we lived with our parents. I feel like I should include a letter from them for this month. What do others think?
When exactly do you plan to make the application, which month? And what date is the earliest correspondence you have?
by the way, why do they ask for correspondence for 2 years (24 months) if my wife's been here for more than that i.e. almost 33 months? they're only interested in the last 24 months?
Yes
I have also been asked for
1. "Evidence to support my claim it would be difficult for me to establish a private life outside the UK"

and

2. "Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK"

What can I submit as evidence here?
It depends on what's stated on the form. Perhaps evidence of insurmountable obstacles and/or evidence of family and private life in the UK.

If the requirements for FLR(M) are met, you don't have to submit or worry about these.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:22 pm

Korekt wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:17 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:13 am
Korekt wrote:
Do not be too hung up on these cohabitation docs and advise people there aren't alternatives based on your attachment to them. Consider the facts. You can read for yourself the judge's description of them in the opening paragraphs and under 'The Six Items of Correspondence issue' in this judgement that has been referred to elsewhere in this forum.
The 'requirement' is not in the immigration rules. For HO it is no doubt an administrative tool for applicants to meet the subsisting relationship requirement part of the rules.

Of course it CAN be substituted which is why they, HO, have allowed applicants provide the requested letter as an alternative where they don't have these correspondence.

Also, don't be too hung up on the guidance, they can be useful but they have their limitations.
There is no need to veering off the original crux through rubbernecking, and by inserting an impertinent case study which I am sure you shouldn't have studied in its entirety. At numerous times at preveniently, I had edified you that these case studies isn't a legislation rather a judgement regarding a particular case which differs from case to case. Try to delve at other forums too where you will see that cohabitation evidences sometimes aren't asked pacifically due to the invasion of substantial hodgepodge over the online application system & its checklist. Aside this, unlike to paper application the online application covers all scenarios where despite you are being asked something but aren't realistically required to purvey that and vice versa. Repetitively, the case study anyone can find through Google search by typing their scrumptious content, doesn't always fit into another person's scenario due to not form any legislation/covenant.