ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urdu nikah nama translated into English

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rainbow31
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Change application to fast track/premium Pakistan

Post by Rainbow31 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:03 am

Hi All

I have submitted an online spouse application for my husband who is in Pakistan. The application was completed by my solicitor. The fast track option was not available online at the time of submission.

Will we be able to pay and change the application to a fast track when he goes for his biometrics appointment in Karachi?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Change application to fast track/premium Pakistan

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:02 am

Rainbow31 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:03 am
Hi All

I have submitted an online spouse application for my husband who is in Pakistan. The application was completed by my solicitor. The fast track option was not available online at the time of submission.

Will we be able to pay and change the application to a fast track when he goes for his biometrics appointment in Karachi?

Thank you
As of now there is still no.option for fast track and when it will resume is unknown, so it still stays on the standard processing line.

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Archer1 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:15 pm

Rainbow31 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:03 am
Hi All

Thank you
Yes you can if its available.
__A

Rainbow31
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Rainbow31 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:32 am

Thank you for your responses.

Rainbow31
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Update marital status to married Pakistan Nadra

Post by Rainbow31 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:19 pm

Hi Everyone

IDo you have to change your marital status to married with the authority called Nadra who issue Pakistan identity cards, as part of of the U.K. Spouse visa application?

We have registered the marriage with the Pakistan union council and obtained an official computerised marriage certificate.

Just worried that my husband hasn’t updated his marital status with NADRA. The marital status is only for their records and is not printed on your identity card.

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Update marital status to married Pakistan Nadra

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:19 pm

Rainbow31 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:19 pm
Hi Everyone

IDo you have to change your marital status to married with the authority called Nadra who issue Pakistan identity cards, as part of of the U.K. Spouse visa application?

We have registered the marriage with the Pakistan union council and obtained an official computerised marriage certificate.

Just worried that my husband hasn’t updated his marital status with NADRA. The marital status is only for their records and is not printed on your identity card.

Thank you.
National identity cards, nowhere are needed over any UK immigration applications but these still ideally need to be updated with the relevant authorities such as at NADRA.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Rainbow31
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Urdu nikah nama translated into English

Post by Rainbow31 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:08 am

Good morning everyone

I have had my Urdu nikah document translated into English by an advocate/authorised notary in Pakistan.

Is this sufficient or does it also need to be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Pakistan?

Or would it be easier if i just got it translated again here in England by an official translator?

Thanking everyone one in advance.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Urdu nikah nama translated into English

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:24 am

Hello

You need a civil marriage. The islamic nikah is considered as a private agreement between people and not a marriage for immigration purposes.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:45 am

It is NOT necessary to start a new topic with each question you have!! Stick to ONE thread!!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rainbow31
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Rainbow31 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:47 am

Apologies Casa, I was unaware that I needed to stick to the same thread.

I’m sorry, if my original question is confusing.

I had my Nikah marriage in Pakistan. I am applying for a spouse visa for my husband to join me in the U.K.

I had the Urdu Nikah translated into English by an advocate/notary public in Pakistan. He has stamped it. Do I need to get it further attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Pakistan.

Kind regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:34 am

Rainbow31 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:47 am
Apologies Casa, I was unaware that I needed to stick to the same thread.

I’m sorry, if my original question is confusing.

I had my Nikah marriage in Pakistan. I am applying for a spouse visa for my husband to join me in the U.K.

I had the Urdu Nikah translated into English by an advocate/notary public in Pakistan. He has stamped it. Do I need to get it further attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Pakistan.

Kind regards
Why not you speak to your local union council who issue marriage certificate in both language (local + English)
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Tahira
Newly Registered

Post by Tahira » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:10 am

This is just for the information of all that according to new rules the Nikah Nama or any other document in Urdu language needs to be translated into English language by a Certified Freelance Translator who is either a full Member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists with MCIL designation or a Qualified Member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting with MITI or a company who is a Corporate Member of ATC (Association of Translation Companies) in the UK.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:54 am

Tahira wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:10 am
This is just for the information of all that according to new rules the Nikah Nama or any other document in Urdu language needs to be translated into English language by a Certified Freelance Translator who is either a full Member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists with MCIL designation or a Qualified Member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting with MITI or a company who is a Corporate Member of ATC (Association of Translation Companies) in the UK.
Can you share that source which confirms that because most often it (Marriage certificate) is issued by the local union council in both languages (none-English + English).

Tahira
Newly Registered

Post by Tahira » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:07 am

Where the documents are in two languages (both English and Urdu) they are sent back by the Home Office for providing a certified translation. This information about document translation is available on the Home Office website. If the documents are submitted in both languages i.e. Urdu and English the applicant is asked to provide a certified translation by a translator accredited by the CIoL, ITI or ATC. As far as I know non of the translators or translation agencies based in Pakistan hold accreditation of CIoL, ITI or ATC.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:31 am

Tahira wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:07 am
Where the documents are in two languages (both English and Urdu) they are sent back by the Home Office for providing a certified translation.
Nope. Hand written Nikkah nama when gets registered with the local union council then you would receive a marriage certificate in both language containing a unique reference for verification purposes. That marriage certificate need no translation unless somebody voluntarily choose to / misguided by someone. The instruction about translation which you are reading is for none-English documents only but in above case it is already translated in English language by the competent authorities with unique reference number.