ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Returning Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

d_arjun
Newly Registered
India

ILR and Returning Visa

Post by d_arjun » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:17 am

Hi All

I lived in UK from 2005 to 2011 as a work permit holder and then on Indefinite leave to remain. During this time, my wife and my daughter got british citizenship and passport. Because of some reasons, i did not opt for british citizenship and i was on ILR. We all came back to India in 2011 end. Later in 2017 i had divorce and now my daughter who is british is living with me. Me and my daughter both want to come back to UK. I am planning to apply for returning visa. As far as i understand, returning visa will reinstate my ILR.
My question is according to your experience, what are the chances of me getting returning visa?

Thank you

secret.simon

Re: ILR and Returning Visa

Post by secret.simon » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:22 am

Also see from Page 10 onwards of the Returning Residents caseworker guidance to see how your application would be assessed by the caseworkers.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: ILR and Returning Visa

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:30 am

If you have been out of the UK continuously for 2 years, you automatically loose the ILR.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -to-remain

See below for more details and open option for returning resident.