ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouse or fiancee visa for second wife or partner without divorcing first wife, first wifevnot in UK now

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Azuz
Newly Registered
India

UK spouse or fiancee visa for second wife or partner without divorcing first wife, first wifevnot in UK now

Post by Azuz » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:49 am

Hi,
When I was living in India, I was married with my first wife through Muslim Nikkaah and Indian legal marriage registration as well. We moved to the UK and she came with me to the UK in the spouse visa as my dependent. After 2 years she had left the UK and never came back and her visa also expired before two years. We have been separated for 4 years nearly. I haven't applied for divorce in India since everyone knows how tough to get divorce. I didn't apply in the UK as well, since she is not in the UK and without her consent cant get UK divorce too. Now I am in ILR and applying my citizenship as well. I am planning to get married again, found a girl from India for my second marriage. Now my question is, if I married to my second wife, can I bring my second wife to the UK in fiancee or spouse visa without divorcing my ex-wife and first wife not in UK for 4 years now. Also, in India multiple marriage is allowed for muslim men.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: UK spouse or fiancee visa for second wife or partner without divorcing first wife, first wifevnot in UK now

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:28 am

Azuz wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:49 am
Hi,
When I was living in India, I was married with my first wife through Muslim Nikkaah and Indian legal marriage registration as well. We moved to the UK and she came with me to the UK in the spouse visa as my dependent. After 2 years she had left the UK and never came back and her visa also expired before two years. We have been separated for 4 years nearly. I haven't applied for divorce in India since everyone knows how tough to get divorce. I didn't apply in the UK as well, since she is not in the UK and without her consent cant get UK divorce too. Now I am in ILR and applying my citizenship as well. I am planning to get married again, found a girl from India for my second marriage. Now my question is, if I married to my second wife, can I bring my second wife to the UK in fiancee or spouse visa without divorcing my ex-wife and first wife not in UK for 4 years now. Also, in India multiple marriage is allowed for muslim men.
A flat answer is "no" as UK only recognize a relation/marriage where previous relation/marriage has legally been ended.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: UK spouse or fiancee visa for second wife or partner without divorcing first wife, first wifevnot in UK now

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:29 am

You can read about it in full in-depth at below:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rriage.pdf
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Azuz
Newly Registered
India

Post by Azuz » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:51 am

If I am submitting a documents from the Indian masjid or masque where I am originally from, saying my previous marriage is void, then will home office consider visa for my second wife?

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Post by equitydealer » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:52 am

It needs to be issued from a recognised Court or legal authority. A declaration from a mosque wouldn’t be sufficient.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor