ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No right of appeal? Help Please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

claire-anne
Newly Registered

No right of appeal? Help Please

Post by claire-anne » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:49 pm

We applied for leave to remain for my mother but this has been refused and there is no right to appeal against the decision. I am confused because none of the evidence we sent has been taken into consideration. They asked me to send more proof of support which I did, the bank came through with plenty of transfers to my mum which on top of the ones I had already supplied, I though they would be happy with.

Then a week or so later they respond saying they are refusing the visa on grounds that although she is my "step" mother, she is not my "parent". And that her compassionate circumstances are not life threatening, so she can go back or face imprisonment and or a fine of up to £2500.

I also noticed that the person who made this decision is not the same person who requested further documents.

All other reasons and evidence provided were obviously ignored by the final decision maker and we have not been given a chance to appeal. What do we do? Can someone please advise. I was thinking of getting a good solicitor with experience in these sort of things but I have no idea where to start from.

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:47 am

from what i understand i thought everyone had the right to appeal. my husbands visa was refused and we are appealing. If you go to you local citizen's advice beuro they will give you a list of immigration lawyers in your area, but if you can't afford one as they are very expensive (we paid £500 for ours) then you can get legal aid if you have a low income. I found the legal aid lawyers are very good but have lots of cases so can take a while to sort out your problem. hope this helps

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:53 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jei2
Member of Standing

Re: No right of appeal? Help Please

Post by jei2 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:42 pm

claire-anne wrote:We applied for leave to remain for my mother but this has been refused and there is no right to appeal against the decision. I am confused because none of the evidence we sent has been taken into consideration. They asked me to send more proof of support which I did, the bank came through with plenty of transfers to my mum which on top of the ones I had already supplied, I though they would be happy with.

Then a week or so later they respond saying they are refusing the visa on grounds that although she is my "step" mother, she is not my "parent". And that her compassionate circumstances are not life threatening, so she can go back or face imprisonment and or a fine of up to £2500.

I also noticed that the person who made this decision is not the same person who requested further documents.

All other reasons and evidence provided were obviously ignored by the final decision maker and we have not been given a chance to appeal. What do we do? Can someone please advise. I was thinking of getting a good solicitor with experience in these sort of things but I have no idea where to start from.
It's possible that the evidence was considered by a Senior caseworker and therefore formed part of the decision to refuse your mother.

Have you read the information posted by Vinny? What kind of leave did she have beforehand?
Oh, the drama...!