ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PDF Title Register for Proof of Home Ownership & Online Bank Statements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bodrul
Newly Registered

PDF Title Register for Proof of Home Ownership & Online Bank Statements

Post by bodrul » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:36 pm

Hi all,

I am in the process of applying for my wifes visa and will be submitting in around 9 days times.

I own my flat, upon checking my paperwork I realised I don't have the latest documents and my old one still has my grans name on it (we bought it together), my gran passed away few years ago I had her removed so I am sole owner on register now.

The register has a spelling mistake in my surname, so I have two question regarding this:

1) Will the spelling mistake be an issue? It is just one letter that is incorrect.
2) Will the £3 Title Register from the website, which says it is unofficial, be enough? or do I need to order an official one? to prove ownership of my home.

My second query is regarding bank statements, I have read up on the forums but still a bit confused. I bank with Lloyds and the bank statements they mail me are the same as the paper ones, except the papers one have barcodes, some numbering on sides and sometimes hole punches.

Can I just use the downloadable PDF statements? It doesn't make sense to scan the same ones im, but at the same time I don't want jeopardise the application.

Would appreciate the help.

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: PDF Title Register for Proof of Home Ownership & Online Bank Statements

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:21 am

bodrul wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:36 pm

1) Will the spelling mistake be an issue? It is just one letter that is incorrect.
2) Will the £3 Title Register from the website, which says it is unofficial, be enough? or do I need to order an official one? to prove ownership of my home.
1. Add a covering letter and other correct document such as council tax
2. For visa purpose, for many, it has worked.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flr-m
bodrul wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:36 pm
My second query is regarding bank statements, I have read up on the forums but still a bit confused. I bank with Lloyds and the bank statements they mail me are the same as the paper ones, except the papers one have barcodes, some numbering on sides and sometimes hole punches.

Can I just use the downloadable PDF statements? It doesn't make sense to scan the same ones im, but at the same time I don't want jeopardise the application.

Would appreciate the help.

Thank you
If online copies resemebles to original without pacifically be marked as "online" should be fine.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:23 am

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

bodrul
Newly Registered

Post by bodrul » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:45 am

Thank you so much for your help and quickly reply, much appreciated.

Unfortunately my Council Tax also has the incorrect name spelling. I am applying for a correction using the AP1 form but I suspect this won't be done on time. Perhaps my mortgage statement and poll card and passport may be enough, if I explain the situation on a cover letter?

I think I will go with the online versions of bank statement then, will give it another once over and make sure no reference to being online is on them. I do have paper versions but just seems pointless scanning same ones in and on a poor quality.

I will have a read of the link, thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:27 pm

bodrul wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:45 am
Thank you so much for your help and quickly reply, much appreciated.

Unfortunately my Council Tax also has the incorrect name spelling. I am applying for a correction using the AP1 form but I suspect this won't be done on time. Perhaps my mortgage statement and poll card and passport may be enough, if I explain the situation on a cover letter?

For immigration purpose, a minor discrepancy in name spelling might not be mattered/noticed but for your other property related matters especially where if the court will involve then it might leap out at you very ravening. Therefore, get it rectified asap.

bodrul
Newly Registered

Post by bodrul » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:29 pm

Thank you so much seagul. That is very reassuring to hear, I will stop worrying then!

I have sent an AP1 form out yesterday to have my name corrected they said due to backlog this can take upto 4 weeks but if I phone them once they receive the form I can ask for it to be expediated.

I have also managed to correct my name online for my council tax.

bodrul
Newly Registered

Post by bodrul » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:31 pm

I have another question, my wife took her B1 test on the 9th of October, the centre said it will take a week to receive the certificate. I plan on applying around the 21st/22nd to be within the 28day cut off time.

If the certificate is delayed, what counts as the date of accomplishment is the date of the test or date of certificate?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:05 pm

bodrul wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:31 pm
I have another question, my wife took her B1 test on the 9th of October, the centre said it will take a week to receive the certificate. I plan on applying around the 21st/22nd to be within the 28day cut off time.

If the certificate is delayed, what counts as the date of accomplishment is the date of the test or date of certificate?
Most likely by that time she will be received with the test result, otherwise, she can apply without it and supply later.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:13 pm

bodrul wrote:
I have another question, my wife took her B1 test on the 9th of October, the centre said it will take a week to receive the certificate. I plan on applying around the 21st/22nd to be within the 28day cut off time.That should be sufficient time for you to get her reault back and apply

If the certificate is delayed, what counts as the date of accomplishment is the date of the test or date of certificate? Relevance more with your submission date.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:15 pm

bodrul wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:29 pm

I have also managed to correct my name online for my council tax.
Good work

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:42 pm

bodrul wrote:
There will be a 'certificate issued' date which may be the date the test is taken or a few days later.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

bodrul
Newly Registered

Post by bodrul » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:26 pm

Thanks for the replies all. The English certificate arrived. Just waiting on the title registry now...

I have a quick question, for both me and my spouse, do we need to scan all pages of passport or just the bio page and any stamped pages?

Just seems pointless to scan in every single empty page. But can't find a straight answer on this.

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:40 pm

bodrul wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:26 pm
Thanks for the replies all. The English certificate arrived. Just waiting on the title registry now...

I have a quick question, for both me and my spouse, do we need to scan all pages of passport or just the bio page and any stamped pages?

Just seems pointless to scan in every single empty page. But can't find a straight answer on this.

Thank you
For sponsor only his/her bio page will be sufficient whereas if possible then scan all of the pages of the applicant's none-EU passport. However, still that, for many (applicant) only scanning the bio page & those pages with stamp also have worked means there are mixed views & experiences.

bodrul
Newly Registered

Post by bodrul » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:20 pm

Thank you very much Seagul.

I have two further questions.

1) Is ok to combine documents into one PDF? For example I have combined all my bank statements into one pdf, and same with payslips. Or do the officers prefer them all to be separated by month?

2) On the application form it says have you ever lived with your spouse. Does living together with them for short time when visiting them abroad, count as living together?

Thank you once again.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:39 pm

bodrul wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:20 pm

1) Is ok to combine documents into one PDF? For example I have combined all my bank statements into one pdf, and same with payslips. Or do the officers prefer them all to be separated by month?
It is OK, only ensure you make it orderly or sequential i.e. it should be well-organised.
2) On the application form it says have you ever lived with your spouse. Does living together with them for short time when visiting them abroad, count as living together? Yes, input such periods and clarify it was during visits, further buttress the relationship is well grounded.

Thank you once again.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:24 pm

bodrul wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:20 pm

2) On the application form it says have you ever lived with your spouse. Does living together with them for short time when visiting them abroad, count as living together?

Thank you once again.
1. Either way will be acceptable but in case if you will be inclined in merging the multiple files in to one file, then don't use any anonymous websites or free app on trial version.

2. That question awakens the reminiscence of paper application where it used to be asked that "Have you ever lived with your partner including after the time of marriage". Therefore, it must be answered as yes.