ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Citizen with US passport - Citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

djgrubber
Newly Registered
Poland

EU Citizen with US passport - Citizenship application

Post by djgrubber » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:24 pm

Hi All,

My partner has a double nationality (Polish and American). Her intention is to apply for a British citizenship. In 2018 I was populating an application for her for the permanent residence through EEA route. She got PR very quickly (two weeks waiting time) However, I have completely forgotten to disclose her second nationality in the application.

Now, we plan to submit her application for the British citizenship and I wonder what we should do? I guess that we should disclose the second nationality, but I am a bit worried that this would create some mismatch with previously submitted information for the permanent residence card.

Would HO go back and analyze evidence submitted for PR ? We prefer to disclose her American citizenship when applying for British passport, but I just wonder if it is going to create any problems. Should we perhaps include a note explaining that she forgot to disclose it earlier? She has American citizenship since she was 16 years old.

Thanks for help.

djgrubber
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: EU Citizen with US passport - Citizenship application

Post by djgrubber » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:56 pm

Hi, I have just realised that I should have written this post in British Citizenship forum rather than here.

Could the moderator move it to the right place , please?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:57 pm

It was already moved before your second post. Your other topic was also moved.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

djgrubber
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by djgrubber » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:57 pm
It was already moved before your second post. Your other topic was also moved.
Thank you! Much appreciated! :D