ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR form queries & proofs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tanush01
Newly Registered
India

ILR form queries & proofs

Post by Tanush01 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:04 pm

Hello Gurus / Moderators / Admins,

Thanks to the guidance available on this forum so far.

My wife has started filling the online Set(0) form after completing 5 yrs on Tier 2 General route. There are few questions where we need your help.

1. Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

Her immigration history before 5 years route is:

a) Since birth - Date A = 25 years -> India (country of birth)
b) Date A+1 to Date B = 7 days -> Malaysia (Travel)
c) Date B+1 to Date C = 3 years -> India (country of birth)
d) Date C+1 to Date D = 1 year -> UK (ICT Dependant)
e) Date D+1 to Date E = 1 year -> India (Travel back to home country post ICT dependant stay from C+1 to D)

Shall I include a, b, c & e with the mentioned comments or shall I exclude b (Malaysia since it doesn't satisfy a living criteria - no home/ stay/ work i.e. it was for travel only)

2. Taking example from any one of the above travels - e.g. Date C+1 to Date D = 1 year -> UK

a) we left India on Date C+1 (early morning flight) & reached to UK same day i.e. C+1 date (evening), then I presume date of stay will be UK where i landed i.e. C+1. Is that ok?

3. Leave of absences from UK during 5 years period

If we left the UK in the night (date x) and reached the next day to India in the morning(date x+1), then within the employer support letter - we have written an absence date when we left the UK (x) & when we re-entered the UK back.

This does not match with the passport stamps since stamping on a passport is done when someone lands (x+1) & not when someone leaves (x).

Hope this is not an issue - Shall we also attach the travel tickets as a matter of proof?

4. Financial proof

what proofs need to be attached with the application considering she went on maternity leaves during her second year T2G period.

Payslips - what period?
Bank slips - what period?
Any bank supporting letter ? What needs to be written?

Many Thanks in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR form queries & proofs

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:38 pm

1) Only A,C,E is needed. Question asks about “living” not travelling “outside” UK.

2) This is not a trick question. If you left India on Date A, you lived in India till Date A. If you reached UK on Date A, you started living in UK from Date A.

3) Date of entry and date of exit is what matters NOT date of passport stamps. Passport stamps date can vary depending on transits/different time zones.

4) See:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 0_v1.1.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Tanush01
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR form queries & proofs

Post by Tanush01 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:06 pm

Thanks Cullinan for your response.

Specifically re-iterating point 4 - "what proofs need to be attached with the application considering she went on maternity leaves during her second year T2G period."

As I understand from the tier 2 guidance doc, that if the applicant is currently on maternity leaves only in that case she needs to provide additional proofs for payslips before / during the period.

In my wife's case since she served maternity during 2nd year, she need not attach any additional proofs.

Hence she just need to attach last month payslip & bank statement.

Please can you confirm my understanding especially if it's only last month or any more months.

Many Thanks as always 😊