ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Despite being employed, most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-emplo

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

farogty
Newly Registered
Egypt

Despite being employed, most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-emplo

Post by farogty » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:39 am

Morning all,

Me and my wife are in the process of applying for the citizenship after getting our ILR last year. I am self employed and my wife is employed. After filling the application form, the following documents were requested:

- Mr (my name) most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-employment.
- Mrs (my wife) most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-employment.

I am not sure why it is assumed that my wife is self-employed although I double checked her employment section and I wrote employed and then role is employee.

Just to double check if this is related to me being self employed, I changed mine from self-employed to employed and then both documents were not needed any more.

We have her P60 for the last tax year, but I am worried that this doesn't count as a proof of self-employment.

I wonder if anyone had this issue before? I would be grateful if you can advice me what documents to provide .

Many thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Despite being employed, most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-e

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:15 pm

As long as your wife is employed and pay the tax via the PAYE, the above is not needed for her.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.