ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GEP Work Location

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ellbriwat
Newly Registered
United States of America

GEP Work Location

Post by ellbriwat » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:07 am

Good morning,

Hope everyone is doing well.

I am currently working in Ireland and in the process of applying for a GEP. I'm wondering if anyone knows the rules around the location of employment? I read that a stipulation of the permit is that you are given explicit permission to work in certain locations, i.e. the office.

I've been remotely working since March - I imagine they're more lenient given the circumstances but assuming I want to continue part-time remote work after restrictions are lifted would I need to list my home on the permit application for my work at home to be legal? Seems like a silly question but just trying to cover my bases.

Thanks for any help.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: GEP Work Location

Post by littlerr » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:44 am

I might be wrong but I don’t recall seeing that as a requirement. You can have an employment permit while working from home full time.

ellbriwat
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: GEP Work Location

Post by ellbriwat » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:19 pm

Thanks!