ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form MN1 - Previous Address Issue.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LexJag

Form MN1 - Previous Address Issue.

Post by LexJag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:52 am

Hello Gurus,

I'm currently filling the MN1 form for my kids.

Child 1: 4 years old
Child 2: 3 years old

Both Children have not changed address since they were born. They are still living in the same address as when they were born in the UK.

Question:
1. Under Current address, what should i answer to the question, "Have you lived at your current address for 5 years? "

2. Under Previous address, what should i answer to the questions, "Date you lived there from" (Would this be their Date of Birth?)
3. Date you lived there to? (How do i respond to this question since they are still living at the same address since they were born.)

Please kindly help me. Thanks.

srsw

Re: Form MN1 - Previous Address Issue.

Post by srsw » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:59 am

Swtqtnel wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:52 am

Question:
1. Under Current address, what should i answer to the question, "Have you lived at your current address for 5 years? "
Just answer Yes to above question and carry on to next question.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

LexJag

Post by LexJag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:13 pm

srsw wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:59 am
Swtqtnel wrote:

Question:
Thanks.

LexJag

Post by LexJag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:14 pm

srsw wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:59 am
Swtqtnel wrote:

Question:
Thanks.

LexJag

Post by LexJag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:49 pm

Ok. So i'm almost at the end of this MN1 form and got stuck here:

If XXXXX has a passport then provide this with your application. If XXXXX does not have a passport then you must provide another officially-issued identity document. This could include an official travel document or national identity card.

If XXXXX told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their citizenship. This could include their British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate.

XXXXX - 4 year old child

How do i go past this error message:
Review your answers:
  • tick all the boxes to agree that you will provide these documents

I never indicated that parent was British Citizen. I only indicated that Parent was settled. hence the requirement to tick the box for the below evidence:
If XXXXX told us that their parent is settled in the UK then you must provide us evidence of their settled status. This could include a BRP, a letter from the Home Office, an endorsement in their passport or another document certifying permanent residence. (This is true)

Many thanks for your responses.

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:10 pm

At the top of the list I think you'll see the following:

From the list of documents below, provide as many as you can. Tick each document to confirm that you have read the requirement, even if you cannot send it. If you are unsure about any of the evidence, read the guidance.

So, you have to tick all the boxes to go past that page to confirm that you read the requirements and provide what's relevant in your case. If the child doesn't have a passport, then their UK birth certificate will cover the requirement for official identity document.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

LexJag

Post by LexJag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:27 pm

srsw wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:10 pm
At the top of the list I think you'll see the following:

From the list of documents below, provide as many as you can. Tick each document to confirm that you have read the requirement, even if you cannot send it. If you are unsure about any of the evidence, read the guidance.

So, you have to tick all the boxes to go past that page to confirm that you read the requirements and provide what's relevant in your case. If the child doesn't have a passport, then their UK birth certificate will cover the requirement for official identity document.
I'm extremely grateful to you, srsw.Thank you very much!

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:46 pm

I'm extremely grateful to you, srsw.Thank you very much!
You're welcome. Everyone here's to help, so shoot more questions when you have.

LexJag

Post by LexJag » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:24 am

Hi Everyone,

So, Child was born in the UK 2016
Parent settled under ILR in 2019
Child has never travelled out of the UK
Child has never been part of any Visa Application since they were born.

I've got this burning question on Child’s immigration status.

According to Page 30 of 41 Published for Home Office staff on 16 April 2020
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 6.0ext.pdf

it states:

"As a general principle, the expectation is that there should be a staged approach to
permanent residence and citizenship. This means that the child will first achieve one
of the following before being considered for British citizenship:
• indefinite leave (IL)
• permanent residence under the European Economic Area (EEA) regulations

Given this you should normally only register a child under section 3(1) who has not
been granted IL or permanent residence where there are strong compelling
compassionate circumstances to do so. British citizenship does not give a minor any
additional benefits that cannot be obtained through IL and therefore representations
on the basis of issues such as access to education are unlikely to be sufficient to
justify the exercise of discretion."

Question:

1. Does my child have to apply for ILR before applying to register for a British citizenship via MN1?

2. Under Documents in the application form, it states

"if XXXXXXX has a passport then provide this with your application. If XXXXXXX does not have a passport then you must provide another officially-issued identity document. This could include an official travel document or national identity card."

How do I respond to this requirement?

Many thanks for your quick responses.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:29 am

1) No. UK born child has an entitlement to be registered as BC after any parent is settled i.e. has ILR.

2) “IF” question. Ignore.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

LexJag

Post by LexJag » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:05 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:29 am
1) No. UK born child has an entitlement to be registered as BC after any parent is settled i.e. has ILR.

2) “IF” question. Ignore.
Many thanks for this clear response.

LexJag

Post by LexJag » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:32 pm

Hey guys,
trust you all are keeping well.

My question is around the referees:

I've got two referees.

Referee 1: Nursery Manager
Referee 2: Senior Practitioner at the Nursery

Question:
1. Are these referees suitable for the children?
2. For the question: "How does the referee know the applicant? Is it ok t just put "Senior Practitioner at XXXXX Nursery"
3. The above referees have completed and signed the declarations. What's next? I mean what do i do with the papers?

Many thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:05 pm

Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.

For all applications, the second referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.
https://www.gov.im/media/624353/listofreferees.pdf

3) Scan and upload. Keep originals safe.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

LexJag

Post by LexJag » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:19 pm

Thank you