ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it possible to hand in my documents to the Home Office instead of posting?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

daystone
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cyprus

Is it possible to hand in my documents to the Home Office instead of posting?

Post by daystone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:20 pm

Hello

Is it possible to hand in my documents to the Home Office in Liverpool instead of posting them? I want to just turn up and hand in my envelop of my documents.
Has anyone tried this before?
Will they accept it and give me back a receipt of delivery?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Is it possible to hand in my documents to the Home Office instead of posting?

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:27 pm

daystone wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:20 pm
Hello

Is it possible to hand in my documents to the Home Office in Liverpool instead of posting them? I want to just turn up and hand in my envelop of my documents.
Has anyone tried this before?
Will they accept it and give me back a receipt of delivery?

Thanks
Nothing is posted/handed in in paper format. Aside this, in past when there was a postal regime then these p.o.box addresses were based in royal mail centres instead in the principal building. Still if you wish then may drop it in their letter box or leave it by the main gate which most likely won't be seen/read.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Is it possible to hand in my documents to the Home Office instead of posting?

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:33 pm

@daystone

What are you actually applying for ??

If you apply online you will retain all your originals, passport, etc.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

daystone
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cyprus

Post by daystone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:37 pm

I just need need to send in some requested documents they wanted it to be by post to the capital building in Liverpool

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:44 pm

You need to post it, ideally recorded mail so you have a record. You cannot just "turn up" at the building. You will be turned away.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:04 pm

If the additional/deficient information has pacifically been instructed to supply via post by providing the postal address, then definitely you should follow it by using the Royal mail recorded delivery service as already advised by CR001. In addition to this, try to still send that document/information via email attachment too towards same email which initially asked it despite the email reply doesn't deliver on doing so.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.