ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - NARIC certificate

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

VWS

ILR - NARIC certificate

Post by VWS » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:55 am

My friend is going to apply for his wife's ILR soon. Quick question about the English requirement points.

Previously she was on a dependent Visa so this wasn't required in the first place.

She has done MPHIL from Pakistan.

Will NARIC certificate be a good option? I mean can this again be used for Naturalisation or does it have any expiry date?

Also is NARIC certificate and statement of comparability are same things or 2 different? Do we need both to meet the requirement or will 1 of them can do the job?

I know B1 certification is another option but if the fee is same then why not!

Any expert opinions are highly appreciated.

Many thanks :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR - NARIC certificate

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:12 am

I know B1 certification is another option but if the fee is same then why not!
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

VWS

Re: ILR - NARIC certificate

Post by VWS » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:52 am

Many thanks for the quick response. I went on the page and it states

If your degree is not from a UK university you’ll need:
•a copy of your degree certificate
• an Academic Qualification Level Statement (AQUALS) from UK NARIC confirming the degree is equivalent to a UK qualification.

If your degree is from a non-majority English-speaking country you’ll also need an English Language Proficiency Statement (ELPS) from UK NARIC confirming the degree was taught in English.

then I went on the NARIC website and their wizard takes me to the page of ''Visas and Nationality Service''.

The Visa and Nationality service is recommended if you need to show evidence to the Home Office of your English Language Knowledge.

This service will aim to provide an Academic Qualification Level Statement (AQUALS) and English Language Proficiency Statement (ELPS) where necessary.

LHS = RHS lol

That would do the job this means.

CULLINAN Thanks again :)

Also have you received your Naturalisation Certificate? I also applied around the same time as yours but still waiting, however timeline shows a lot of applicants applying later on has already got the approval emails.