ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent travel while waiting for tier 2 visa renewal.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fuzzyd
Newly Registered
Singapore

Urgent travel while waiting for tier 2 visa renewal.

Post by fuzzyd » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:34 pm

Hi there,

Looking and requesting for urgent help and advice regarding the above topic please, thank you.

I applied for my tier 2 Health and Care visa (contract extended with same employer) 28/8/20 online.
Invited to use the app and submitted my details via app 18/9/20.

Have not heard anything since then, and this new visa is supposed to take 3 weeks to process.

I escalated it via my MP, UKVI telephone line, and UKVI NHS team two weeks ago but still haven't heard anything
I am at a loss as to what to do as I have a family member back home who is very old and unwell.
UKVI tells me I am not eligible for expediting my application as the family member needs to be immediate and they only consider bereavement!

At this point I am not even asking for expedition. All I wanted was to have my visa approved within the same time frame as everyone else.

Can anyone suggest what to do in this instance? I have escalated it with everyone I could think of.

My current BRP expires Late November 2020. Can I just travel now and come back and re-do a new application, since I understand that it will be voided once I leave the country? By the way, how does UKVI even know if I have left the country?

I understand that as long as I submit my new application online before my current BRP expires, I can still work as long as I have a new CoS, is that correcT?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Urgent travel while waiting for tier 2 visa renewal.

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:22 am

fuzzyd wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:34 pm
My current BRP expires Late November 2020. Can I just travel now and come back and re-do a new application,
https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa
Yes but you will have to withdraw the application resulting in the forfeiture of application fee. Aside that,the remaining length of your visa might not be sufficient over catering your plans given the uncertain airline operations & airport controls. `
fuzzyd wrote:
since I understand that it will be voided once I leave the country?
Yes
fuzzyd wrote:
By the way, how does UKVI even know if I have left the country?
They have their own secretive sources.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.