ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel after applying for citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

username08811
Newly Registered
Ireland

Travel after applying for citizenship

Post by username08811 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:47 pm

I applied for citizenship and finally received my 2nd letter confirming the minister approved the application. In addition to paying the 950 fee, they asked to send the Original GNIB Card, and that "it will no longer be available to you for travel or other purposes"

My question is, if I have an emergency and need to travel abroad, what can I do? Am I stuck in Ireland until I get to be part of one of the upcoming ceremonies? (which is unknown when/how they will continue)

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Travel after applying for citizenship

Post by Vorona » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:02 am

username08811 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:47 pm
My question is, if I have an emergency and need to travel abroad, what can I do? Am I stuck in Ireland until I get to be part of one of the upcoming ceremonies? (which is unknown when/how they will continue)
If it's an emergency, you will be allowed to travel. You can post the card after you come back.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Travel after applying for citizenship

Post by littlerr » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:48 am

username08811 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:47 pm
I applied for citizenship and finally received my 2nd letter confirming the minister approved the application. In addition to paying the 950 fee, they asked to send the Original GNIB Card, and that "it will no longer be available to you for travel or other purposes"

What’s your nationality? Do you need a visa to come to Ireland?
You can request to get your IRP back if you really need it.