ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xeesee
Member of Standing

Naturalisation application

Post by xeesee » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:23 pm

Hello members,

I just started to fill application form for naturalisation and need help to complete. I will be very thankful to any help.

I got ILR through tier1 entrepreneur on 20/01/2020 and will be eligible for naturalisation on 20/01/2021.

There is a question of employment history from last 10 years. I did lots of different jobs while I was on student visa and also on PSW. Those jobs were from different recruitment agencies. I don't have p60 or P45 from those jobs and not sure about the start and end dates of those jobs and employers name (agency names).

I do know the name of those companies where I actually went for work but not sure which agency sent me there.

I was not aware of, these will be required at any stage.

Any suggestions what to do now?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation application

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:36 am

You need to mention the company who you worked for not the agency name.

Dates can be estimates to the best of your knowledge and can be clarified in the cover letter also. But you must mention all employment in UK for the last 10 years.

Since you have time, you may want to apply to HMRC for your employment records.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ry-request
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:44 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:36 am
This is not correct if the op was paid by the agency as an agency worker. The companies he worked at are irrelevant as they were not his employer, the agency was.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:31 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:44 am
CULLINAN wrote:
This is not correct if the op was paid by the agency as an agency worker. The companies he worked at are irrelevant as they were not his employer, the agency was.
CULLINAN and CR001 Thanks for reply. Yes I was paid by the agencies.

I run a dummy application to see the questions in application form. Can I delete the dummy application or the only option I have is to edit the answers?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:52 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:44 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Thank you for the correction.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:57 am

I run a dummy application to see the questions in application form. Can I delete the dummy application or the only option I have is to edit the answers?
You can run as many dummy applications you like. However, if you have registered the email address and saved the application (if you saved and returned to application via registered email) but would want to discard the application, I would urge you to use another email address to start a NEW application which you intend to keep OR you can always use the same application and edit the answers.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:12 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:57 am
You can run as many dummy applications you like. However, if you have registered the email address and saved the application (if you saved and returned to application via registered email) but would want to discard the application, I would urge you to use another email address to start a NEW application which you intend to keep OR you can always use the same application and edit the answers.
Thanks CULLINAN

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:39 pm

Hello,

My current employer is a director of a limited company and also he was my client as well when I was on tier1 entrepreneur visa.

Can I use him as professional referee?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:54 pm

Yes - Director is fine - as long as person is not related to you.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:57 pm

Hope that the company is VAT registered?
https://www.gov.im/media/624353/listofreferees.pdf

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:08 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:57 pm
Hope that the company is VAT registered?
https://www.gov.im/media/624353/listofreferees.pdf
Thanks CULLINAN. Yes the company is VAT registered and trading from 3 years. He is not my relative but we know each other from last 6-7 years and currently he is my employer and we are family friend as well.

Thanks

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:59 am

Hello,

I need help in filling previous application section.

Q1- Name in which you made the application.

Student
PSW
Tier1 entrepreneur
Tier1 entrepreneur extension
Indefinite leave to remain

Q-2 Date of application

I only remember the date of ILR application and don't know about other dates. All applications made in time and without any refusal.

Q-3 where was it made

I submitted my student visa application at FedEx office Lahore, Pakistan in 2009.

What will be answer for the question. Shall I write British consulate general Islamabad?

Q-4 Dates finger prints were taken, if known

I don't know the dates.

Please advise how to answer these questions. Will basic SRA report helpful in finding answers of these questions.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:45 pm

1) It is YOUR name not the category.
However, I like to list it as:
[Your Name][Category]
[Mr X][PSW] etc.

2) Its an “if known” question. Leave it blank or provide estimates.

3) Pakistan.

4) If known question.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:17 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:45 pm
1) It is YOUR name not the category.
However, I like to list it as:
[Your Name][Category]
[Mr X][PSW] etc.

2) Its an “if known” question. Leave it blank or provide estimates.

3) Pakistan.

4) If known question.
Thanks for your reply.

Are you sure it's about my name? As I already give my name in personal details section.

Before this section it clearly says "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"
Also give an option to add extra applications.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:20 pm

It is your name.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:44 pm

Hello members,

I paid a late filing penalty of £100 on 3rd October 2016. Do I need to declare this in naturalisation application form? If yes then any idea where?

I was late in submitting my self assessment for the tax year ending April 2015.

Please advice.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:53 pm

No need to disclose. This is not a criminal fine - you just paid HMRC interest for being late. And you have complied with your obligations, just a bit late. If HMRC take you to court that's another matter.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:36 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Hi, can I ask why I can’t use the same email address for the dummy application and real application please? I have run a few dummy ones and filling a real one under the same email address.. thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:33 pm

herrrr wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:36 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Hi, can I ask why I can’t use the same email address for the dummy application and real application please? I have run a few dummy ones and filling a real one under the same email address.. thanks!
Please do not tag your questions onto other members thread when you have a thread of your own.

british-citizenship/which-route-to-use- ... l#p1973248

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:39 am

Hello members,

Please check my documents list and advise. Thanks

ILR granted on 20-01-2020.

1-I'm submitting my naturalisation application on 21-01-2021.

Is this fine or shall I wait for 3-4 extra Days after completing 1 year?

2- In employment history, I'm not sure about some of the dates.but I will explain this in cover letter.

3- In previous application section I wrote all the application which I made so far including the very 1st application I made from Pakistan for student visa and that application was refused.

4- 2 referees. 1st referee Director of a VAT registered limited company and current employer. 2nd Taxi driver and my next door neighbor.

5- My last trip outside UK was 8th February 2014 to 9th march 2014. I chose "No" in travel question as my last trip was more than 5 years ago.

The document list is as follows:
1-Passport covering last 5 years
2- BRP
3- Degree certificate
4- 2 referees form

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:07 am

Date of application is fine - documents look ok, presumably you have entered the LITUK pass number.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:21 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:07 am
Date of application is fine - documents look ok, presumably you have entered the LITUK pass number.
Thanks for reply. I did enter LIUKT number and will upload that as well.

What do you think about travel history. Do I need ko mention my last trip outside UK to confirm my entry date which is in march 2014.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:25 am

Upload the last UK entry stamp from 8th March 2014 and mention that you never left UK after that.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:42 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:25 am
Upload the last UK entry stamp from 8th March 2014 and mention that you never left UK after that.
I will. Thanks for your reply.

My wife and 2 kids will be eligible for citizenship on 10th February next month. They want travel outside UK on 16th July to 13 August 2021. What will be the best time for them to apply keeping above travel dates in mind.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:54 am

No one can comment how long their applications will take or what will be the situation with ceremonies at that point.

Application standard processing is 6 months but these days it is decided in 2/3 months in majority cases.

Ceremony delay is 2/3 months after approval.

Council availability varies thereafter.

For now one can attend a ceremony after ceremony invitation from HO within 6 months (corona concession).

No one knows what will be the backlogs like in future.

Note: Your wife will become British on the date she attends the ceremony, your child will become British from the date of approval/date on certificate as child does not attend the ceremony. Your wife and child can travel on ILR BRP till they become British. ILR BRP is invalid after that and can they enter UK only on the British Passport thereafter.