ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre Action Protocol for UK Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

silentkameena
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Pre Action Protocol for UK Visa

Post by silentkameena » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:59 am

Hi
I applied for uk visit visa & it was refusued.

Refusal Date: 5-October-2020

Pre Action Protocol Letter Sent on: 10-Oct-2020

PAP Confirmation Email: 10-Oct-2020

Response for PAP: 22-Oct-2020

I'm going to type down what's written in response letter 8) from British Embassy Abu Dhabi.
Kindly let me know, what you guys 8) think about it :o

Dear Sirs,

Re: Application for entry clearance: Mr. (Applicant Name)

I am writing in response to your Pre-Action Protocol letter of the 10th October 2020, received by us on 13th October 2020, regarding your applications for visit visas to the United Kingdom.

I have reviewed the refusal notice, supporting documents and the letter before claim submitted by you. The decision to refuse your application has been withdrawn on this occasion, in favour of a reconsideration. The office will be in contact with you in due course.

In your Pre Action Protocol letter you state that if this case is not reviewed, you will be commencing proceedings to Judicial Review. I hope this further review of this case and the response given negates the need for you to pursue the matter to Judicial Review.

Yours faithfully,

Name
Entry Clearance Manager

UKVI05

I'm waiting for their further response.

BigMo

Re: Pre Action Protocol for UK Visa

Post by BigMo » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:54 am

Hi

This is generally positive. My parents visit visa went through this process recently and this is the first response you get if they are going to reconsider your application. They will likely now either give a new decision, or ask for more documents before making a new decision.

Best of luck!

silentkameena
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by silentkameena » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:16 pm

BigMo wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:54 am
Hi

This is generally positive. My parents visit visa went through this process recently and this is the first response you get if they are going to reconsider your application. They will likely now either give a new decision, or ask for more documents before making a new decision.

Best of luck!
Thanks Dear,
I'm still waiting for their further response. do you have any idea, how much time will they take?
Thanks

BigMo

Post by BigMo » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:59 pm

in my parents' case it was just under two months (reconsideration email received on 16 June, asked for additional documents on 12 August). Although that was during Covid so not sure what the timeline would be now.

Best of luck!

silentkameena
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by silentkameena » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:08 am

Thanks,
I think it will take less time, they said , they'll attempt to complete the pre action protocol (pap) response for this case as soon as they can.
That was mentioned in first email from embassy , they emailed me when they got Pre Action Protocol (PAP) from home office.
Let's wait and see how much further time do they take to decide my application.

ti_abbasi2002

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:28 pm

silentkameena wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:08 am
Thanks,
I think it will take less time, they said , they'll attempt to complete the pre action protocol (pap) response for this case as soon as they can.
That was mentioned in first email from embassy , they emailed me when they got Pre Action Protocol (PAP) from home office.
They will take 3 months at least if I am not wrong coz I have already going through this process for my wife n daughter visa. They gave us reply on 6th July for reconsideration on PAP and then ask us for latest statements on 14th October even though they said they will let as know for next as soon as possible but they took more den three months. They gave us this reply after we sent paid email and den followed up 3 email otherwise we would wait more.

So be patience and don't expect them to give u response quickly and easily.

silentkameena
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by silentkameena » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:24 pm

ti_abbasi2002 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:28 pm
silentkameena wrote:
Thanks,
They will take 3 months at least if I am not wrong coz I have already going through this process for my wife n daughter visa. They gave us reply on 6th July for reconsideration on PAP and then ask us for latest statements on 14th October even though they said they will let as know for next as soon as possible but they took more den three months. They gave us this reply after we sent paid email and den followed up 3 email otherwise we would wait more.

Right , but i think they will take less time now , cause things are getting better , it tooks 3 months in your case cause of the covid-19 pandemic, if I'm not wrong.

I hope they reply soon , let's see what happens.
Thanks

ti_abbasi2002

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:11 pm

silentkameena wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:24 pm
ti_abbasi2002 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:28 pm
silentkameena wrote:
Thanks,

Right , but i think they will take less time now , cause things are getting better , it tooks 3 months in your case cause of the covid-19 pandemic, if I'm not wrong.

I hope they reply soon , let's see what happens.
Thanks
There are timelines in separate topic where people shared their timelines about PAP before pandemic and on the basis of that normally they take at least three months after giving option for reconsideration. As for as our case is concerned then we applied for PAP on 16th April but due to Covid-19 they replied back on 6th July after resumption of visa services which was justified due to pandemic but the times has taken after 6th July till 14th October was not justified as visa services was fully operational, so time between 6th July was not come under Covid-19 like today and that was the time when cases going down as compared to now a days. Now here is 4 weeks lock down in England which was announced today by government coz cases are increasing rapidly.

I am not trying to scare you but I am telling you clear picture rather giving you false hope. Hope u get response soon but dont try to make travel plans before getting passport back after re-submission. This process needs patience.

silentkameena
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by silentkameena » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:07 am

I guess you are right , It will take time , My PAP response was 22-Oct-2020 , Still waiting for them , though it's 8-Nov-2020 , I don't know how much more time will they take.
They still haven't asked for passport submission. Even if they ask , then they'll take a long time for issuance of visa. It's a lengthy process. :(

Aly786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aly786 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:09 pm

Bro my visa got refused on baseless reasons also. Please tell me how to prepare PAP and what is the format of it.ans to whom it should be send. Please im waiting for your response

Aly786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aly786 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:10 pm

silentkameena wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:07 am
I guess you are right , It will take time , My PAP response was 22-Oct-2020 , Still waiting for them , though it's 8-Nov-2020 , I don't know how much more time will they take.
They still haven't asked for passport submission. Even if they ask , then they'll take a long time for issuance of visa. It's a lengthy process. :(

Bro my visa got refused on baseless reasons also. Please tell me how to prepare PAP and what is the format of it.ans to whom it should be send. Please im waiting for your response

silentkameena
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by silentkameena » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:40 pm

Aly786 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:10 pm
silentkameena wrote:

Hi,
Don't worry , it's simple I'm going to share a link with you, kindly download the file and open with Microsoft word.
Just fill the required rows , it's a simple performa hope you will understand.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... uM_35ylcNt

if there's still any question. Kindly let me know. Thanks 👍

ti_abbasi2002

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:18 pm

silentkameena wrote:
Did you receive anything after PAP response on 22 october as u said they will give u reply soon?

silentkameena
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by silentkameena » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:44 am

ti_abbasi2002 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:18 pm
silentkameena wrote:
Did you receive anything after PAP response on 22 october as u said they will give u reply soon?
Not Yet, still waiting , but i was reading about two cases , first one got passport submission email after 1 month 5 days ,
and the other one got passport submission email after 1 month 22 days.
So it depends from cases to cases.

could you please share your response the one you got before passport submission. Thanks 👍

ti_abbasi2002

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:56 pm

silentkameena wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:44 am
ti_abbasi2002 wrote:
silentkameena wrote:
Not Yet, still waiting , but i was reading about two cases , first one got passport submission email after 1 month 5 days ,

could you please 3share your response the one you got before passport submission. Thanks 👍
PAP Response was given for reconsideration : 6th July

Email to submit updated bank statements n related documents : 14th October and was submitted on 23rd October.

Still waiting email for submission of passport even though 1 month passed

I told u before they are taking three months at least after PAP response to tell u about next step.

ti_abbasi2002

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:07 pm

silentkameena wrote:
ti_abbasi2002 wrote:
silentkameena wrote:

could you please share your response the one you got before passport submission. Thanks 👍
The cases you are referring are those who submitted updated documents then they got 2nd email after 1 month n 22 days to submit passport😎

silentkameena
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by silentkameena » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:27 pm

ti_abbasi2002 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:07 pm
silentkameena wrote:
ti_abbasi2002 wrote:
silentkameena wrote:

The cases you are referring are those who submitted updated documents then they got 2nd email after 1 month n 22 days to submit passport😎
I sent an email to to embassy , asked them that my pap application is getting late.
They replied,

Thank you for your email.

Kindly note that the case is currently being reconsidered by the decision making team.

We appreciate your patience and we will notify you in due course.

Regards,

ti_abbasi2002

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:15 pm

silentkameena wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:27 pm
ti_abbasi2002 wrote:
silentkameena wrote:
ti_abbasi2002 wrote:

I sent an email to to embassy , asked them that my pap application is getting late.
They replied,

Kindly note that the case is currently being reconsidered by the decision making team.

Regards,
We did the same after 1 month of PAP response and we got the same copy paste message but they will reply whenever they want.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:16 am

It would be helpful to those who are considering a PAP, for you to share your refusal letter from the HO. What reasons did they give for refusing your visa and why do you say they are wrong?

THO

silentkameena
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by silentkameena » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:17 am

ti_abbasi2002 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:15 pm
silentkameena wrote:
ti_abbasi2002 wrote:
silentkameena wrote:

They replied,

Regards,
We did the same after 1 month of PAP response and we got the same copy paste message but they will reply whenever they want.
Could you please share your PAP response the one you got on 6th July. Please share it, I just want to have an idea. Thanks 👍

ti_abbasi2002

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:40 am

silentkameena wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:17 am
ti_abbasi2002 wrote:
silentkameena wrote:
ti_abbasi2002 wrote:

They replied,

Regards,
Could you please share your PAP response the one you got on 6th July. Please share it, I just want to have an idea. Thanks 👍

I got this reply from PAP department:

"Response to the proposed claim

I acknowledge that the ECO in their decision dated 10 March 2020 has made errors when assessing Ms - - - application with regard to her immigration history. It is the case that her application for further leave to remain in the UK was submitted in time and she remained in the UK lawfully up to the point that her decision was served in October 2019.

I do not accept however that the ECO has incorrectly discharged their duty under Section 55 towards Ms - - - I am satisfied that once the ECO had determined that Ms--- had not met the requirements of the Immigration Rules they were correct to refuse Ms ---’s application for a visitor visa.

Having considered the details of your clients’ applications and your letter before claim I am satisfied that the decision to refuse your clients a visitor visa should be set aside and their applications reconsidered. UKVI will be in touch shortly to advise your clients of next steps"

ti_abbasi2002

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:54 am

silentkameena wrote:
ti_abbasi2002 wrote:
silentkameena wrote:
ti_abbasi2002 wrote:

They replied,

Regards,
Keep in mind that was my wife and my 2 years old daughter''s PAP and I am their sponsor from the UK. Mostly they reject due to financial reasons but in our case it was different and my wife visited me more than once before as well.

silentkameena
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by silentkameena » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:56 am

ti_abbasi2002 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:40 am
silentkameena wrote:
ti_abbasi2002 wrote:
silentkameena wrote:

They replied,

Regards,

I acknowledge that the ECO in their decision dated 10 March 2020 has made errors when assessing Ms - - - application with regard to her immigration history. It is the case that her application for further leave to remain in the UK was submitted in time and she remained in the UK lawfully up to the point that her decision was served in October 2019.

I do not accept however that the ECO has incorrectly discharged their duty under Section 55 towards Ms - - - I am satisfied that once the ECO had determined that Ms--- had not met the requirements of the Immigration Rules they were correct to refuse Ms ---’s application for a visitor visa.

Having considered the details of your clients’ applications and your letter before claim I am satisfied that the decision to refuse your clients a visitor visa should be set aside and their applications reconsidered. UKVI will be in touch shortly to advise your clients of next steps"
did you get this response from Entry Clearance Manager? Kindly let me know , as i see your PAP response is totally different than me and others. So PAP cases vary from person to person , recently a person got passport submission email after 5 weeks , another person got passport submission email after 11 weeks.
Did you get that reply from home office uk??? or Entry Clearance Manager , British Embassy????

ti_abbasi2002

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:47 am

silentkameena wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:56 am
ti_abbasi2002 wrote:
silentkameena wrote:
ti_abbasi2002 wrote:

did you get this response from Entry Clearance Manager? Kindly let me know , as i see your PAP response is totally different than me and others. So PAP cases vary from person to person , recently a person got passport submission email after 5 weeks , another person got passport submission email after 11 weeks.
Did you get that reply from home office uk??? or Entry Clearance Manager , British Embassy????
This response is not different from others but reason was different. I dont know where u get information that these person got response so early but most recently there is once case who got visa, see his link

general-uk-immigration-forum/pre-action ... 02209.html

Check when did he apply, when did he get PAP response, when he submitted updated documents, when he got passport re-submission email, when he got issued email, when he collected passport.

I know ur frustration that u should get email asap like us but unfortunately, its not ur/our hands. i told u be patience and dont expect any miracle in near future but u have to wait. Hope it makes sense.

silentkameena
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by silentkameena » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:12 am

ti_abbasi2002 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:47 am
silentkameena wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:56 am
ti_abbasi2002 wrote:
silentkameena wrote:

I acknowledge that the ECO in their decision dated 10 March 2020 has made errors when
assessing Ms - - - application with regard to her immigration history. It is the case
that her application for further leave to remain in the UK was submitted in time and she
remained in the UK lawfully up to the point that her decision was served in October 2019.

I do not accept however that the ECO has incorrectly discharged their duty under Section
55 towards Ms - - - I am satisfied that once the ECO had determined that Ms---
had not met the requirements of the Immigration Rules they were correct to refuse Ms
---’s application for a visitor visa.
Having considered the details of your clients’ applications and your letter before claim I
am satisfied that the decision to refuse your clients a visitor visa should be set aside and
their applications reconsidered. UKVI will be in touch shortly to advise your clients of next
steps"
This response is not different from others but reason was different. I dont know where u get information that these person got response so early but most recently there is once case who got visa, see his link

general-uk-immigration-forum/pre-action ... 02209.html

Check when did he apply, when did he get PAP response, when he submitted updated documents, when he got passport re-submission email, when he got issued email, when he collected passport.

I know ur frustration that u should get email asap like us but unfortunately, its not ur/our hands. i told u be patience and dont expect any miracle in near future but u have to wait. Hope it makes sense.
Any update about your Pap Application? Kindly let me know , Thanks