ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP unmarried partner - decision made by UKVI but no work from TSL

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cissyb
Newly Registered

EEA FP unmarried partner - decision made by UKVI but no work from TSL

Post by Cissyb » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:24 am

Hi all,

This board is amazing, I have gotten a lot of comfort and support from reading everybody’s story.
Here is ours:

My partner is Brazilian and I am Italian. I have pre-settled status in the UK. Right now, we are in Italy and have applied for a EEA family permit, without priority (it was not available) so he can come to the UK as my lasting unmarried partner.

He had his biometrics taken on the 16th of September. We were informed on the 22nd of September that his biometrics had been received by the UKVI.
We did not hear anything about it after 15 working days so we contacted the UKVI on the 14th of October. They told us that a decision had been reached and that we had to wait for TSL to inform us.
We contacted TSL and they said that they had not heard from the UKVI. On the 21st we contacted both agencies again and the UKVI confirmed they had reached a decision and the TSL said they had not heard anything.

At this stage, we are stuck in Italy, waiting for an answer on his application.
My question is: is there anything that we can do to expedite the process to receive an answer? We’d like to be able to come back to the UK before a possible second lockdown, if his visa is approved. I contacted my MP but heard anything from her. We have a lawyer who followed us through the process but said that nothing can be done and we just have to wait. I want to make sure we do not leave any stone unturned.

Please let me know if you know anything.
Thanks!

chamsel
Newly Registered
Mood:
Tunisia

Re: EEA FP unmarried partner - decision made by UKVI but no work from TSL

Post by chamsel » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:45 pm

Hi,
We are having exactly the same issue and dates are exactly the same as yours!!
We had the email that a decision has been made, but they didnt tell us to wait for TSL they said to give my husband details (the applicant) so they investigate the case. I dont know if this is good or bad.
Please do let me know if you have some news .

Cissyb
Newly Registered

Post by Cissyb » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:53 pm

Hi Chamsel,

we contacted again UKVI and now they told us that my partner's application is being reviewed and that our case has been escalated to the relevant department, whatever that means.
This is very confusing of course, as they had told us twice previously that they had made a decision.
Our PM replied to my email and she followed up with the Home Office regarding our case. Hopefully we'll hear from them soon.

I'll update this post as soon as I hear anything.

chamsel
Newly Registered
Mood:
Tunisia

Post by chamsel » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:19 pm

Keep us updated please, will do the same.

At this stage we are waiting for a Tls sms and thats it. No point to deal with ukvi, not reliable at all. Just praying and keeping hopes.
xxx

Cissyb
Newly Registered

Post by Cissyb » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:03 pm

Hi all,

Just posting an update.
My partner is still waiting for his visa. It has now been 40 days since he gave his biometrics.

The MP wrote to me last Thursday saying we should receive an answer in two weeks. This coincides with 15 days after his case was "escalated". My partner also submitted a claim Tuesday last week, since it had been 35 days since giving the biometrics, with conflicting updated and little communication from UKVI.
I called the UKVI and of course they were completely unhelpful, saying we have to wait 15 days after the escalation and that they will let us know. I am pretty desperate at this stage, with lockdowns in Italy and UK, I am not sure we'll be able to be back at all. Also, our house contract is expiring and we cannot renew, since we do not know if we'll be back to the UK.
So at this stage, I don't know if we'll ever receive a reply. All of this for a 6 months visa.

chamsel
Newly Registered
Mood:
Tunisia

Post by chamsel » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:16 am

Really sorry to hear this, as we are on the same boat...
Our case was escalated on 30/10 and next friday will be 15 days of escalation. I was hoping that we will receive an answer this days, but seeing your post really made me hopeless...
I pray that these days we will all receive passports for everyone out there who is still waiting.
I see other forums and people who made applications on September are receiving passports so hopefully next week we will have too.
Happy Friday :/
Edit: Sorry have you received any survey email at all? Maybe this indicates that they have finished with our applications.

Cissyb
Newly Registered

Post by Cissyb » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:45 am

Just as a note to those who will read later on.
My partner got his visa on the 4th of December and we entered the UK on the 8th of January. We are now going to apply for his pre-settled status, hoping all will be well. It took us more than 50 working days to obtain his permit.
There is also a group on FB if you want to share your experience, it's called "Still waiting for my passport to be returned! (EUSS & EEA FPs only)"