ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Years Employment Details

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shah05

Query on applying for naturalisation

Post by Shah05 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:11 am

hi everyone,

I have received ILR on 10 years route in 4th of oct 2020. My wife has obtained British passport in 2017. Just want to ask if Am I eligible for Naturalisation anytime from now or do i need to wait for 1 yr?

Many thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Query on applying for naturalisation

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:59 am

Shah05 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:11 am
hi everyone,

I have received ILR on 10 years route in 4th of oct 2020. My wife has obtained British passport in 2017. Just want to ask if Am I eligible for Naturalisation anytime from now or do i need to wait for 1 yr?

Many thanks in advance.
You can apply now on basis of British Spouse if you meet all the other AN requirements. No need to wait.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... uly_20.pdf

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:37 pm

Many thanks for prompt response.

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:30 pm

Hello All,
As mentioned above I have just received my ILR on the basis of 10 years route in October 2020, and as far as I have understood I can straight away apply for naturalisation as my wife has already obtained British passport in year 2017.

Now, when I am filling up the form I have few questions:-

1. In the form they haven't asked any details / documents of a partner(spouse)- How would I prove that I am applying for naturalisation immediately after ILR on the basis of British citizen Spouse?

2. Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?- My wife and children are already British national, so YES I have dependents but they are not applying with me....so what should I fill in?

Many thanks.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:48 pm

When you are done, you upload the scan of your wife's passport.

The answer is no. You wife is not your dependent anyway. Your child is not going to apply at this time nor in the future. So the answer is no to that question.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:50 pm

1) The checklist will generate a) marriage certificate b) your spouse’s British Passport copy.

2) Select Yes. No further details will be asked. In the additional notes at the end, leave a note that your non-applying dependent’s are all British Citizens.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Shah05

10 Years Employment Details

Post by Shah05 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:56 pm

Hi all,

I just want to know - during the application of Naturalisation, there is a section where they have asked to provide 10 years of employment history.

I was employed throughout but I do not know the exact date/ month of employment start and end. Is there any way I can obtain it from anywhere? Also, does it have to be the exact dates or approximately dates would be fine?

Many Thanks in Advance.

Shah05

Re: 10 Years Employment Details

Post by Shah05 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:28 pm

[quote=Shah05 post_id=1953839 time=1603807017 user_id=99242]
Hi all,

I just want to know - during the application of Naturalisation, there is a section where they have asked to provide 10 years of employment history.

I was employed throughout but I do not know the exact date/ month of employment start and end. Is there any way I can obtain it from anywhere? Also, does it have to be the exact dates or approximately dates would be fine?

Also, I have completed masters from Australian University, that fulfills the English Level requirement. DO I still need UK NARIC Letter to confirm the qualifications?

Many Thanks in Advance.

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:42 pm

Just to add on above,

My all the applications until now have been successful on the basis of my Master's degree certificate. But in the naturalization form, they are asking NARIC letter that confirms the qualifications that meet the standard in UK. Is that necessary to obtain the UK NARIC letter for the naturalization process?

Thank you

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:11 am

Morning, any suggestions on the above queries, please?