ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is meant by a "Doctor's letter"?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

siseñor
Saudi Arabia

What is meant by a "Doctor's letter"?

Post by siseñor » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:00 pm

Today I got a mail asking me to provide these. Here's the exact sentence:
Please submit a Doctor's letter showing date of registration and dates of attendance for the years 2015-2020
I've never heard of this requirement before. Do they mean a GP? What if I never registered as I never needed one before? Can I ask my dentist or therapist for this letter?

* Also slightly off topic, but do they mean only for years 2015 and 2020 or all years in between as well?

Thanks in advance for any help.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: What is meant by a "Doctor's letter"?

Post by littlerr » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:35 pm

It is one of the inferred requirement that many non-EU nationals ignored.
Most of the residence permissions require you to have a private medical insurance.
Most insurance companies require you to be registered with a GP.
Any health related services (e.g. prescription drugs, taking a vaccine, making a health related VAT claim etc) will also require that you are registered with a GP too.

You don't have to attend a GP if you have never been sick enough in the last 5 years, but you must be registered with one.

If you are 100% sure that your insurance company doesn't need you to register with a GP, just tell INIS you never needed one.

siseñor
Saudi Arabia

Post by siseñor » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:48 pm

littlerr wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:35 pm
It is one of the inferred requirement that many non-EU nationals ignored.
Most of the residence permissions require you to have a private medical insurance.
Most insurance companies require you to be registered with a GP.
Any health related services (e.g. prescription drugs, taking a vaccine, making a health related VAT claim etc) will also require that you are registered with a GP too.

You don't have to attend a GP if you have never been sick enough in the last 5 years, but you must be registered with one.

If you are 100% sure that your insurance company doesn't need you to register with a GP, just tell INIS you never needed one.
Thanks a lot for the info. I've always had health insurance here but I can't recall I've been told that I needed to register with a GP.

I'll email them and see what they say.

By the way, I always wanted to thank you for being so helpful here but I didn't want to send a whole reply just to say "thanks". I'm sure many others are very appreciative of your helpful answers as well. Thanks for spending time to help!

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:41 pm

siseñor wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Today I got a mail asking me to provide these. Here's the exact sentence:
Please submit a Doctor's letter showing date of registration and dates of attendance for the years 2015-2020
I've never heard of this requirement before. Do they mean a GP? What if I never registered as I never needed one before? Can I ask my dentist or therapist for this letter?

* Also slightly off topic, but do they mean only for years 2015 and 2020 or all years in between as well?

Thanks in advance for any help.
they requested the exact same letter and attendances with GP from me when i was applying for citizenship last year. I had just rung them and ask to issue a letter along with attendances during 2013-2019 years. It costed only 20e, that is it. No farther questions asked after that

siseñor
Saudi Arabia

Post by siseñor » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:48 pm

This sounds very dodgy my friend! :mrgreen: