ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent (newborn)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Civa
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Tier 2 dependent (newborn)

Post by Civa » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:31 pm

Dear all,
I hope that you are well and safe. I am sorry if a similar question was raised and answered previously, however, I could not locate anything that could definitely help me. I was wondering whether you can give me advice or just your view of the situation.

I am in the UK on tier 2 visa valid until 2023 together with my wife (tier 2 dependent). We just had our baby who was born here in the UK. As you can imagine, sorting out his documents is a bureaucratic nightmare as we need to sort Serbian citizenship, followed by passport and only then apply for tier 2 dependent. This takes everything between 4 to 8 months. However, our Embassy offered to issue us with temporary travel papers so we can enter Serbia and finish passport and UK visa paperwork there, which speeds the process considerably and allow us to be with our family during the holidays.

I tried to check the complete procedure and whether a baby born in the UK can apply for tier 2 outside of the UK. However, I cannot find a definitive answer. The application procedure within the country clearly defines that I can add children born in the UK to my visa as my dependent (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... dant-child). A standard tier 2 dependent procedure can be used outside of the country, which offers children dependent (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... /dependant). Do you, by any chance, know any issues with us leaving the country and applying outside? Does even thinking about this option make sense?

Thank you in advance for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependent (newborn)

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:33 pm

Yes you can apply outside the UK. Nothing prevents this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Civa
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Re: Tier 2 dependent (newborn)

Post by Civa » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:58 am

Dear CR001,
Thank you for the prompt answer!