ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Fam Permit for spouse

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chamsel
Newly Registered
Mood:
Tunisia

EEA Fam Permit for spouse

Post by chamsel » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:37 pm

Hello all,
After spending almost all my days at work reading this forum, finally I decided to post our situation.
My husband applied for an EEA Family permit on 18 of September. We patiently waited up until the 27th working day. On 27th of Oct, I emailed UKVI vie the paid service. They answered very quick, saying that a decision has been made, however if the passport is not received yet, to provide them with my husbands' details, so they investigate the case (idk what they going to investigate if a decision is already made). I did this thinking that maybe the next email will say that his passport is now sent to Tsl, but no. Today I had an email stating that they will escalate the case to the relevant department and blah blah and we have to wait another 15 days.
The thing I don't get is, what are they investigating and what department you think they refer to? If the decision is made, cant they just sent his passport?
Thanks in advance for your responses :)