ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Redundancy, Jobseekers, Housing Benefit and Tax Credits -

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

3crown

Redundancy, Jobseekers, Housing Benefit and Tax Credits -

Post by 3crown » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:01 pm

I've just been made redundant(2 weeks ago); found temp job paying less than half my previous salary (not a lot of jobs out there at the moment). I've been advised by DWP to claim Housing Benefit, Tax Credits and Jobseekers'. Hub on 2 year spouse visa "no recourse...." - currently looking for work. If I claim any of the above will it give us a problem in April 2010 when we apply for ILR? thank you anyone...

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:05 am

So long as you claim the Housing Benefit and Job Seekers in ONLY your name that is no problem.
You are also entitled to the tax credits but that has to be done in BOTH names and is actually not classed as "public funds".
hope this is helpful

3crown

Post by 3crown » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:43 pm

Thanks Lesley
, yes a nice clear answer. appreciated.
lesley15 wrote:So long as you claim the Housing Benefit and Job Seekers in ONLY your name that is no problem.
You are also entitled to the tax credits but that has to be done in BOTH names and is actually not classed as "public funds".
hope this is helpful