ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minor's Indian passport renewal in India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vvnair0410
Newly Registered

Minor's Indian passport renewal in India

Post by vvnair0410 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:25 am

Hi,

I am a British National but my wife and Kid are Indian passport holders. My kids 5 year validity passport is about to expire in 10 days time and we have a family emergency which means we have to travel to India soon without the passport renewal option in the UK.

I wanted to know if it is easy renewing the passport in India for an NRI minor. The current address on the passport has changed and the place where we will be travelling is in a different state altogether from the address mentioned in the passport. I am concerned about the police verification side of things in India as the address where we will be in India is only a temporary address and we do not have any domicile proof of that address. Any one who has been in a similar situation or has some knowledge around the process kindly share your experience.

xebec
Australia

Re: Minor's Indian passport renewal in India

Post by xebec » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:18 pm

You could put your UK address down along with proof of residence in the UK. Ideally, if you get that proof attested by an Indian notary, it will speed things up as the Indian police would have to accept a notarial certification. If you are forced to put in the temporary Indian address, you could make an affidavit explaining the situation and attach it with the passport application.