ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can Reapply for Pre-Settled Status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pranab0077

How can Reapply for Pre-Settled Status

Post by pranab0077 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:12 pm

Hi all,
I am going to apply again for Pre-settled Status as I have broken continuity of residence.

---I had got PSS on Oct 2019 and received a BRC for my PSS as I also have a Non EEA Passport.

I was told if I use IDV apps, and scan my BRC,I will not be given a new BRC,but I am not sure.

So,Can I apply again for pss online and book a biometric appointment, so that I will receive a new BRC that will give me a new expiry time?

Is there anyone has had the same experience,pls share.Thank you.

kamoe

Re: How can Reapply for Pre-Settled Status

Post by kamoe » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:00 am

pranab0077 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:12 pm
So,Can I apply again for Pre Settled Status online and book a biometric appointment, so that I will receive a new BRC that will give me a new expiry time?
I do not have first-hand experience, but according to the EU Settlement Scheme Caseworker Guidance (page 27), if you apply again, your Pre-Settled status will be indeed extended as you require (5 year from the date of the second application).
If you grant pre-settled status where the applicant has pre-settled status, then it will vary (replace) the earlier grant of pre-settled status. The date of the first grant of presettled status will remain the start date of their pre-settled status. The expiry date of their pre-settled status will be five years from the date of decision on the further application for pre-settled status.
Now... it does not say whether you will be granted a new card.

If you use your existing Pre-Settled BRC with the app, according to how the process works, I can only assume you will not be offered a biometrics appointment, and you will find yourself in the same situation as people applying with EEA BRC, where you will need to eventually apply to convert/extend your existing card to reflect the new expiry date. Good news is, you'll have 4 years before you need to worry about that.

Link to convert card is here.
Link to thread of discussion around converting card is here.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.