ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 visa refusal after being granted BRP for Student Route visa scheme

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alinask
Newly Registered
Russia

Tier 4 visa refusal after being granted BRP for Student Route visa scheme

Post by alinask » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:09 am

Hello, I am in need of urgent assistance, if you have any information that could help me I would appreciate it very much, I thank everyone in advance. My university was of no help regarding this.
I am a current first university student in London, having previously transferred from Cardiff University to a similar course.
My visa has been accepted initially:

"Your application under the Student route of the Immigration Rules has been successful.
You have been granted permission to stay in the UK as a Student until 2 Oct 2023."
I received my BRP today but it says Tier 4 General Student.

Also today, I received the following email:
"You applied for Tier 4 General Student on 1st September 2020. I am writing to tell you that your application is refused. What this means for you:
You can apply for administrative review. Instructions on how to apply can be found under the ‘next steps’ section below.
You do not have to leave the United Kingdom as a result of this decision. You must either submit a new application for leave to remain or leave the United Kingdom before your current leave expires."

However, I see nothing that says my current BRP is invalid.

I am very confused and anxious because I clearly have sufficient funds, all my study expenses have been paid and proven; The only issue was that the bank statements of my parent were dated for longer than 28 days as a result of not having been able to book the UKVI appointment in September and October. I have submitted my documents electronically before my booked appointment on 6 of November, receiving my visa on 23rd October.
The change in the names of visa types is also what I don't understand. Why would t hey send me a BRP and then send a refusal email?
I will try to arrange a consultation with a solicitor and call the Home Office as soon as I can, but meanwhile if anybody has any guidance that would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 visa refusal after being granted BRP for Student Route visa scheme

Post by sah10406 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:34 am

Which university is it? I don't understand what you mean by "My university was of no help regarding this". So you asked them for help and they refused? This doesn't make sense because for their own immigration compliance they need to have a record of your new visa as evidence that you can study there, and they also need to liaise with the Home Office on your behalf to check why you have received a contradictory follow-up email which appears to be about a different application anyway.

You do not need a solicitor nor is there any way to effectively communicate with the Home Office yourself. Your university has a "hotline" to the Home Office and can do this for you.

Meanwhile you have valid leave under the Student Route and you can study.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

wish_uk
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Tier 4 visa refusal after being granted BRP for Student Route visa scheme

Post by wish_uk » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:55 am

Might be they sent you by mistake refusal letter, once a visa issued, file closed,
married Aug 2014