ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa for a Settled person's spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amila1981
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Spouse Visa for a Settled person's spouse

Post by amila1981 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:58 am

I’m a Sri Lankan passport holder, currently with EU settled visa status. I have a daughter who is 15 months old and she was born in the UK and has her British Passport. Last year, after the birth of my daughter, my partner and I visited Sri Lanka in July 2019 to visit my parents. My partner and the father of my daughter is a Sri Lankan citizen and he was in UK for the birth of our daughter on a visit visa. We were engaged and was formally married in Sri Lanka after the birth of our daughter. As travelling by air seemed risky, I started to work in Sri Lanka in April 2020 and continue to do so to this day.

We are now ready to return to UK. I’m heartbroken at the prospect of having to leave my spouse in Sri Lanka and my daughter is emotionally attached to her father. I’m currently five months pregnant with our second child. We considered visit visa option for my husband but since it is only a temporary solution and he would have to return to Sri Lanka, we did not apply for same. My husband has decided to leave his work in sri lanka, as we want to move in together to UK and make UK our home. With our family struggling to be together and with my daughter’s and her father’s emotional and mental condition at stake, could anyone advise us on options available for us.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa for a Settled person's spouse

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:27 am

Not sure that whether his visit visa will succeed given a scenario where he manifestly has intention to settle in UK. Aside this,on that visa he wont be able to switch into any other type of visa. The only viable and secure option can be spouse visa, for which read the following guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

amila1981
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by amila1981 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:16 am

Thank you.

We prefer to apply for spouse visa, but i've only been working in sri lanka since April 2020. Are there any concession allowed to the minimum financial requirement of GBP 18,600/- ? Also, how do i use my earnings in sri lanka to apply through this option?My issue is I won't be able to work that long bcoz of 2nd child's delivery.But i really do not want to be alone with 2 children without my husband.pls advise.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:16 pm

amila1981 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:16 am
Thank you.

We prefer to apply for spouse visa, but i've only been working in sri lanka since April 2020. Are there any concession allowed to the minimum financial requirement of GBP 18,600/- ? Also, how do i use my earnings in sri lanka to apply through this option?My issue is I won't be able to work that long bcoz of 2nd child's delivery.But i really do not want to be alone with 2 children without my husband.pls advise.
Ideally only apply when you will be able to meet the requirement without jeopardizing the exorbitant amount of application fee. Read the previously supplied guidance to explore other ways of meeting the financial requirement and there you will find few temporary concessions at the end.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.